Ground Report | New Delhi: What happened in Ukraine; There has been a new twist in the Ukraine crisis that has been going on for weeks. In the last few hours, many important changes have come to the fore at the global level.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has recognized two areas controlled by Ukrainian separatists.
- According to the mandate signed by Putin, Russian forces will work to maintain peace in Luhansk and Donetsk. However, there is a possibility that the forces will soon cross the border.
- In view of this announcement, an emergency meeting of the United Nations Security Council was called. This meeting is taking place after the request of many countries.
- Russia’s ambassador to the United Nations said Russia was ready for a diplomatic solution, but reiterated Putin’s accusations against Ukraine of escalating tensions. Ukraine is denying it.
- Experts say that the announcement made by Putin on Monday has laid the foundation for possible military action.
- The President of Russia claimed that Ukraine has no history of being a real nation and that the modern Ukraine has been made by Russia.
- He condemned Ukraine, saying that there is a puppet regime and Ukraine has become a US colony.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has said that Russia’s actions violate Ukraine’s integrity and sovereignty. He said, “We are not afraid.”
- The US will announce tougher sanctions against Russia on Tuesday.
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken called Russia’s recent move “shameful”. He said that ‘it will be like this’ it was already anticipated. He tweeted, “This step of Russia is shameful and pre-planned. We condemn this move of Russia in the strongest possible terms.
He has accused Russia of supporting separatist regions and said he himself is controlling it behind the scenes. Blinken made this allegation in the context of the Russian President’s mandate under which he recognized Donetsk and Luhansk, two separatist regions of Ukraine.
It has also been said in the order that Russian forces will work to establish peace in Luhansk and Donetsk. These areas are controlled by Russia-backed separatists.
You can connect with Ground Report on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Whatsapp and Subscribe to our YouTube channel. For suggestions and writeups mail us at GReport2018@gmail.com What happened in Ukraine
ALSO READ: What is Tamil Wordle, Why is it trending?