A 12-year-old boy was allegedly gang-raped in the Seelampur area of Delhi, the youngest boy was also beaten with sticks and left for dead. The incident reportedly took place on September 18.
The head of the Delhi Commission for Women (DCW), Swati Maliwal, tweeted about the incident, saying, “In Delhi, not even children are safe.”
“In Delhi, let alone girls, even boys are not safe. A 12-year-old boy was brutally raped by four people and left in a half-dead condition after being beaten with sticks. Our team registered an FIR in the matter,” Swati Maliwal said.
Swati Maliwal said the women’s panel became aware of the incident and filed an FIR with the Delhi police.
“In Delhi, let alone girls, even boys are not safe. A 12-year-old boy was brutally raped by four people and left half dead after being beaten with sticks. Our team registered an FIR on the matter,” said Swati Maliwal.
The DCW president said the boy was also beaten with sticks and rods. On September 22, the minor informed his parents about the incident and recounted his ordeal, the DCW chief said. The boy is reportedly in a very critical condition and is undergoing treatment.
The DCW chief asked the Delhi Police for a detailed action report along with a copy of the FIR by 28 September.
- Why Indian court is so confused on Marital Rapes?
- CRPF jawan rapes fiancee, video viral on Instagram
- Arguments against marital rape judgement of Delhi HC
- Wife of Russian soldier, ‘Rape Ukrainian women but use protection’
- What countries have the lowest rape rates?
- Shahdara Rape Case Story; What happened so far?