Ground Report | New Delhi: Lakhimpur Violence; In Lakhimpur Kheri district of Uttar Pradesh, the matter of death of eight people is gaining momentum after protest against a program of Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya. Four farmers and four others were among the dead.
- The situation there remains tense. It is reported that talks are going on between the farmers and the district administration on the spot.
- Meanwhile, the Union Minister of State for Home has held the miscreants involved in the farmers responsible for the Lakhimpur Kheri violence.
ALSO READ: What happened in Lakhimpur Kheri UP?
On the other hand, after the instructions of the state government, UP’s ADG (Law and Order) Prashant Kumar and ACS (Agriculture) Devesh Chaturvedi have reached Lakhimpur Kheri for talks with the farmers.
District Magistrate Dr Arvind Kumar Chaurasia, SP Vijay Dhul and ADG IG Laxmi Singh are talking to the farmers there.
On this incident, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said, “This type of incident is unfortunate. The government will go to the bottom of the incident and expose the elements involved in the incident and take strict action against the culprits. Additional Chief Secretary Appointment, Personnel and Agriculture, ADG Law and Order, Commissioner Lucknow and IG Lucknow are present and keeping control of the situation, they are probing the cause of the incident in depth.”
- Eight people have died in the demonstration of farmers opposing the program of the Deputy Chief Minister in Lakhimpur Kheri.
- Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya was scheduled to inaugurate the projects in Lakhimpur Kheri, after which he was to attend a program in the native village of Union Minister of State for Home Ajay Kumar Mishra.
- However, politics in this matter has intensified. The leaders of the opposition are constantly in the race to reach Lakhimpur Khiri.
- Former UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has announced that he will go to Lakhimpur Kheri. Security has been beefed up in front of his house and roads have been blocked.
- It is being said that they have been banned from going anywhere. A large number of SP workers have also gathered outside his house.
- On the other hand, late night Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi had left for Lakhimpur Kheri, but she was detained in Sitapur early in the morning and taken into custody.
Earlier, she also had a scuffle with the police personnel. Congress leader Deepender Singh Hooda also claimed that ‘police personnel have raised hands on Priyanka Gandhi’.
Priyanka Gandhi has been kept in the guest house of PAC in Sitapur.
On the other hand, BSP general secretary Satish Chandra Mishra has also been stopped from going to Lakhimpur. He told in Lucknow that he has been given notice that he cannot go anywhere.
BSP chief Mayawati has tweeted that Satish Chandra Mishra has been placed under house arrest.