Ground Report | New Delhi: How Twitter NFT profile works; Social media platform Twitter is inviting users to jump on the trend of NFT and help them gain more capital on their social network. Well, now it adds the option to put an NFT is one of many ways to customize your Twitter profile.
“When you set up an NFT profile picture, people can associate your account with the public cryptocurrency wallet address of your connected wallet. This means that your Twitter account will be associated with the current and historical transactions and properties of your cryptocurrency wallet, including all other NFTs in that wallet since all this information is available on the public blockchain.
NFTs, or “non-fungible tokens,” are unique and verifiable digital collectables, often works of art, that can be traded on the blockchain, the technology that underpins cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. While not exactly new, NFTs have become a lucrative industry over the past year, with digital artwork selling for millions of dollars, and artists, celebrities, and companies banding together to create and sell it.
NFTs, like the characters in the popular “Bored Apes” collection, has been appearing as avatars of people on Twitter (TWTR) in recent months. The new feature, which is only available to users who pay for Twitter’s subscription service, will go one step further. It will verify ownership of someone’s NFT by linking the person’s digital wallet where the NFTs are stored to their Twitter account.
How Twitter NFT profile works
To get started, you’ll need to be a paid Twitter Blue subscriber, which costs $3 per month in the US. You can access the feature from the Twitter side menu to sign up. The service is also available in Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
Once you’ve signed up for Twitter Blue, you need to access Twitter on an iPhone ($266 at Amazon), as the NFT feature is currently only available on iOS. The company said that NFT profile pictures will be rolled out to Android and the web at a later date.
To receive the notification, you will need to go to the profile of someone who already uses an NFT as their profile picture.
If you’ve gone through everything we’ve discussed so far, you’re a few steps closer to having your NFT profile! Here is a step by step guide:
- Step 1. Open the social network and touch your account photo.
- Step 2. In the menu that will be displayed on the screen, click on the “Twitter Blue” option.
- Step 3. Click the “Edit Profile” setting .
- Hit your profile picture again and now select the “Choose NFT” setting.
- Choose the wallet where you have your non-fungible token stored.
- Twitter will ask you if you want to link your app account with the wallet. Tap the “Connect” button to confirm the process.
- And at that time, you will see all the NFTs in your wallet.
- Select which NFT you will use as your profile picture.
- As a fun fact, when someone clicks on your account picture, detailed NFT information will appear (such as who is the creator, owner, and description of the digital asset).
You can connect with Ground Report on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Whatsapp and Subscribe to our YouTube channel. For suggestions and writeups mail us at GReport2018@gmail.com
- How Many Indians left in Ukraine, what govt. doing for their safety?
- At least 40 killed in first hour of Russian invasion: Ukraine
- Ukraine and Russia: History of conflict
- Russia attacks Ukraine: what happened in the last few hours?
- Ukraine claims downed five Russian planes, helicopter