Ground Report | New Delhi: Russia attacks Ukraine; Russia has announced a special military operation on Ukraine. Since then, events around the world are changing rapidly.
Here are the important updates so far on the Russia-Ukraine crisis-
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has announced a special military operation in the Donbass region. He made this announcement during a televised address when the United Nations Security Council urged him to be patient on the Ukraine issue.
- During a televised address, Putin said that the purpose of this campaign is to remove the Ukrainian army from there.
- There are reports of missile attacks coming from many parts of Ukraine. In which such an attack is also being said from Kief.
- Ukraine’s foreign minister has accused Russia of launching a “widespread attack”. He urged the United Nations to do everything possible to stop it.
- US President Joe Biden has condemned Russia’s attack on Ukraine. He said that President Putin has chosen a pre-arranged war that will kill people and cause human tragedy.
- Leaders of Britain, the European Union, the United Nations and NATO have also strongly condemned Russia’s attack.
AS per the Ukrainian police, seven people have died in Russian bombings. Officials said six people were killed and seven wounded in an attack on a military base in Podolsk. 19 people are said to be missing.
According to the police, one person has died in Mariupol. Russian President Putin announced military action on Ukraine on Thursday morning. Since then Russia has attacked several military bases in Ukraine. Ukraine has also confirmed this and said that missiles have been attacked in many places.
However, Russia denies that it has carried out attacks on civilian targets. Meanwhile, in the emergency meeting of the United Nations Security Council, member countries have advised to exercise restraint. Many countries say that there is a need to find a solution through diplomatic channels.
You can connect with Ground Report on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Whatsapp and Subscribe to our YouTube channel. For suggestions and writeups mail us at GReport2018@gmail.com Russia attacks Ukraine