Ground Report | New Delhi: What is Digital Health card; Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the National Digital Health Mission on the 74th Independence Day. Now people will get freedom from the hassle of remembering their health records, saving test prescriptions. Everything related to your health will be recorded on the digital health card. To get treatment anywhere in the country, you just have to give your unique ID.
Know What is Digital Health card and how to take advantage of it
What is Digital Health card,
The objective of the ‘National Digital Health Mission’ launched by the Narendra Modi government is to provide better health facilities to the people. In this mission, the government has decided to use technology more. The government is also planning to prepare a mobile app for this scheme. The National Digital Health Mission is expected to focus primarily on health, personal health records, registration of private doctors, and health facilities across the country.
How this will benefit you
Health ID, Personal Health Records, Digi Doctor, and Health Facility Registry will be available in the initial phase of the scheme. Telemedicine and e-pharmacy facilities will be added later.
People may have to wait for some time to get the benefit of this scheme. In fact, the government has sought suggestions from people for its name, logo, and tagline. These suggestions were to be given by 6 August. 2604 people have given suggestions in this. The winner will be given a reward of Rs 25,000.
According to this scheme, the health information of every citizen of the country will be recorded in one card. It will be called a health card. It will contain details of all types of treatments and tests of human beings, which can be seen anytime anywhere.
How to generate new ID
- To generate a new health ID card, you need to provide your Aadhar card number or mobile phone number.
- Once you have provided your Aadhaar or mobile phone number, the portal will ask for your basic details such as your name, date of birth, state and gender.
- You will also need to create an alias on the NDHM portal with a password that can be used to sign in in the future and skips the process of having to keep the 14-digit health ID card number handy at all times.
- Apart from the dedicated portal, public hospitals, community health centres, health and wellness centers across India, and any other healthcare provider that is a part of the National Health Infrastructure Registry will be able to help you generate your health ID card.
- In the case of newborns and children below 18 years of age, parents have been provided with the ability to generate a health ID card on behalf of their children.
- Individuals creating a Digital Health ID have also provided an option to add a nominee to help them view and manage their records.