Badminton stars S Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty defeated three-time world champions Mohammad Ahsan and Hendra Setiawan 21-16, 26-24 to win the India Open’s men’s doubles title on Sunday, in New Delhi.
- Satwik, joined the famous Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy in 2014
- He hails from the Amalapuramtown of Andhra Pradesh.
- Satwik is 20 year old
- His father also played badminton at state level.
- Satwik came into limelight in 2018 when he bagged the men’s doubles silver medal at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, he was Chirag’s Pair.
- He is playing with Chirag since 5 years now.
- They also won gold in the mixed team event for India.
- They won eight BWF titles together.
- Chirag is from Mumbai Maharashtra.
- Chirag paved his own way and started playing the sport from the age of seven.
- At the age of 16 he decided to pursue badminton as carrer.
- Chirag is now 23 year old.
Satwik and Chirag stole the headlines with their doubles title win at the 2019 Thailand Open as they scripted history by becoming the first-ever Indian doubles pair to win a BWF Tour Super 500 event. Afterwards, the duo won the silver medal at the 2019 French Open, a Super 750 event. So far this year, the pair is enjoying a 8-4 win-loss record.
Satwik and Chirag are coached by Mathias Boe for the Tokyo Olympic Games. They qualified for the Tokyo Olympics by finishing at the ninth spot in the men’s doubles.
You can connect with Ground Report on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Whatsapp and Subscribe to our YouTube channel. For suggestions and writeups mail us at GReport2018@gmail.com
- What is Tamil Wordle, Why is it trending?
- Who is Lorri Haines Boyfriend of Ferne McCann ‘sniffing white powder’?
- How to crack Wordle game: 5-letter to use first
- What is Wordle? How to play and win the internet’s latest game obsession