PM Modi launched the National Solar Rooftop Portal to make the country self-reliant in terms of energy. Through this portal, people will be able to easily install solar panels on the roof of their homes and earn money from it.
Union Minister G Kishan Reddy said that the government will buy electricity from those people who will make electricity at their homes from solar panels. This will also give them income.
A new app was also launched that will enable people to monitor the electricity generated by solar panels on their roofs and earn money through it.
Kishan Reddy said that the government will give 40 percent subsidy to the people who install solar panels and will buy electricity from them, because electricity has become equally important with bread, cloth and house. He said that through solar we can make India a power country.
PM Modi said that as soon as we complete 75 years of independence, we are aiming to achieve 175 GW of renewable energy capacity in India. We have come very close to this goal. We are getting 170 GW of power from non-fossil fuel sources.
How can you get solar panels installed on your roofs?
- For this, first, you have to apply on the national portal. https://solarrooftop.gov.in/
- In this, the bank account number will have to be given, in which the government will provide the subsidy to you.
- Your application will be sent to the concerned discom who will check the feasibility of rooftop solar panel installation at your home in 15 days.
- After this, your application will be visible on the national portal. From here you will be able to get the solar panels installed from the vendor of your choice. The government will provide you with a list of all the certified vendors.
- You have to get the solar panels installed within a certain period of time, otherwise, your application will be canceled.
- After this, the discom officer will conduct an inspection.
- After the inspection report is received, the subsidy amount will be transferred to your bank account.
Rooftop Solar Panel: How much will it cost?
Solar panels of 1 kW capacity are considered ideal for 2 to 3 BHK houses. It will cost around 60 thousand in India for a single battery and around 1 lakh for the double battery. In this, the government will also give you a 40 percent subsidy.
With one kilowatt capacity, you can run 3 fans, 1 fridge, 1 TV, laptop, and 4-5 bulbs, for 3-4 hours.