Ground Report | New Delhi: The Bombay High Court on Monday restrained Maharashtra cabinet minister and senior Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Nawab Malik from making any public statement or posting tweets against Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) regional director Sameer Wankhede and his family.
However, along with this, the court also said that ‘every person has the right to privacy’. The court said that ‘every aspect should be investigated before giving statement about any officer’. The Court said that at this stage it would not be correct to say that the allegations made by Nawab Malik are completely false.
The court also said that ‘it has to be remembered that the son-in-law of the defender (Nawab Malik) was arrested by the NCB’. The High Court said that Nawab Malik’s tweets against Sameer Wankhede were motivated by malicious intent. The court said the minister can give statement against Wankhede, his family only after due verification.
After the court said all this, Maharashtra government minister Nawab Malik made a tweet and talked about continuing the war against wrongdoings. He wrote, ‘Satyamev Jayate, the fight against wrongdoings will continue…’
Nawab Malik on Saturday said the detailed order of the High Court on Aryan Khan’s bail plea has corroborated his claim that the drug case against Aryan Khan was fake. (Nawab Malik Sameer Wankhede)
Earlier this month, Gyandev had filed a defamation suit in the HC against Malik, seeking, among other things, to restrain the minister from posting derogatory statements against him and his family on social media.
Gyandev has also sought damages of Rs 1.25 crore. Malik alleges that Sameer Wankhede, who is currently posted in Mumbai, was born a Muslim but got a central government job claiming to belong to the Scheduled Castes, following repeated allegations by Wankhede and his family. was denied.
The minister also produced a birth certificate and a conversion document showing that Wankhede was born a Muslim and later converted to a Scheduled Caste.