Ground Report | New Delhi: Is Sameer Wankhede a Muslim; The controversy over Sameer Wankhede, the zonal director of NCB, who is investigating the Mumbai cruise drugs case, is increasing. Maharashtra minister Nawab Malik is continuously attacking Sameer Wankhede. Today, on the second day also, the family of Wankhede came in front of the media in their defense.
Is Sameer Wankhede a Muslim
Nawab Malik, a minister in the Maharashtra government, on Wednesday released the picture and nikahnama of Wankhede’s marriage, claiming that Sameer is a Muslim. His name is written in the nikahnama as ‘Sameer Dawood Wankhede’ and his first marriage was with a woman named Dr. Shabana Qureshi.
Nawab Malik has claimed, “On Thursday, December 7, 2006, at 8 pm, there was a marriage between Sameer Dawood Wankhede and Shabana Qureshi. This marriage took place in Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri (West), Mumbai.
But today while talking to the media, Gyandev Wankhede, father of Sameer Wankhede said – I am a Dalit. All my ancestors were Hindus. How can my son be a Muslim? Nawab Malik should understand this.”
On the other hand, a Qazi named Maulana Muzammil Ahmed has claimed to have done this marriage and has spoken to many media channels.
Talking to the media, Maulana Ahmed claimed that “I had got this marriage done, if he (Sameer Wankhede) was a Hindu then this marriage would not have happened. This marriage took place with happiness and at that time all the people were Muslims. The witnesses, in this case, were also Muslims. The marriage ceremony was a big one and at least 2 thousand people attended the ceremony. But Sameer Wankhede’s wife Kranti Redkar has also reiterated that her husband is a Hindu.
ALSO READ: What is Sameer Wankhede’s ‘Maldives’ link?
He has said that “This is a lie, my husband and I are Hindus by birth, and Sameer’s father has also shown his birth certificate. The marriage took place, but Sameer never changed his religion legally. This nikah was just a formality that was done for the happiness of my mother-in-law who was a Muslim by religion. The birth certificate issued by Nawab Malik is wrong.
“Sameer’s father is a Hindu, who married a Muslim woman. My mother-in-law is no longer in this world.
10 Big allegations on Sameer Wankhede
- BJP Involvement: Nawab Malik alleges that after the raid of October 2, NCB Sameer Wankhede released some people. He also claimed that one of the persons released by the NCB was a relative of BJP leader Mohit Kamboj.
- Cruise Raid was Fake: Malik said that the Mumbai Police was also informed that 11 people have been detained from the cruise ship. Malik had alleged that the NCB raid on Cruise was “fake, planned and a conspiracy to defame the film industry and the Maharashtra government”.
- Nawab Malik claims that the NCB tried to pass off 200 kg of herbal tobacco as “bhang” (ganja).
- NCB Targeting with purpose: Nawab intensified his attack on the NCB, alleging that the anti-drug agency had implicated his son-in-law Sameer Khan for propaganda in the drug case. He further claimed that the whole matter was bogus and with malicious intent.
- Fletcher Patel Connection: Nawab Malik highlighted the connection between Patel, a former Army officer, and Yasmin Wankhede, sister of NCB regional director Sameer Wankhede. In one picture, Fletcher Patel called Yasmin Wankhede “Lady Don”.
- Extortion allegations: Nawab Malik accused Sameer Wankhede of ‘extortion’, claiming that the IRS officer was in Maldives at the same time many Bollywood celebrities were holidaying there. The NCP leader also shared pictures of Sameer and Yasmin Wankhede clicked in the Maldives.
- Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) Spokesperson and state Minority Affairs Minister of Maharashtra Nawab Malik has targeted the NCB. Who is Fletcher Patel? Such a question has been asked by Nawab Malik. Nawab Malik shared a photo of Fletcher Patel with NCB official Sameer Wankhede on Twitter
- 25 crore Bribe demanded: Prabhakar Sail, an independent witness from NCB in the cruise ship drug bust, alleged that Sameer Wankhede was part of a bid to demand Rs 25 crore in return for Aryan Khan’s release.
- Attack on Sameer Wankhede’s Identity: Nawab Malik tweeted Wankhede’s birth certificate and called it the beginning of his journey into forgery. Malik says that Sameer Wankhede’s father’s name is Dawood Wankhede and he is a Muslim. Despite this, Wankhede passed the IRS examination by taking the wrong advantage of the reservation given to the backward classes.
Nawab Malik vs NCB – Till now
Malik’s security was upgraded to Y+ category after he received threatening calls after his press conference last week questioning the NCB probe into the Cordelia drug bust case. Many people including Aryan, son of actor Shahrukh Khan, have been arrested in this case.
On 14 October, he intensified his attack on the NCB, alleging that the anti-drug agency had implicated his son-in-law Sameer Khan for propaganda in the drug case. He further claimed that the whole matter was bogus and with malicious intent.
Malik said that while the NCB had claimed to have found 200 kg of ganja (marijuana), the chemical analyst’s report had proved that it was herbal tobacco and not ganja. “It is shocking that an anti-drug agency like NCB cannot differentiate between ganja and tobacco,” he said.
“There is no case of illegal drug trafficking and conspiracy against Sameer Khan,” Malik said. “NCB is involved in selective leaks to implicate people,” he claimed.
According to Malik, the Mumbai Police was also informed that 11 people have been detained from the cruise ship. Malik had alleged that the NCB raid on Cruise was “fake, planned and a conspiracy to defame the film industry and the Maharashtra government”.
“Select people have been arrested… The matter is serious. CCTV footage should be taken and a detailed investigation should be done,” the minority affairs minister alleged.