Ground Report | New Delhi: 30 people gang-raped a minor; A shocking shameful incident has come to light in Thane, Maharashtra, in which 30 people have been accused of gang-raping a 14-year-old girl. A case has been registered at Manpada police station under the rape, kidnapping, and POCSO Act.
Based on the complaint of the girl, Manpada police in Kalyan’s Dombivli on Wednesday night registered a case against 33 accused under sections 376 (rape), 376 (n) (repeated rape), 376 (d) (gang rape) of the IPC. has done. Police said provisions of 376(3) (rape of a woman below the age of sixteen years) and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) Act.
30 people gang-raped a minor
According to the information received about the case, the minor girl was raped by the minor lover 8 months ago.
- During this, the accused had also made a video of it. On the basis of this video, the girl was repeatedly blackmailed and harassed by other accused.
- Additional Commissioner of Police Dattatreya Karale told TOI that twenty-four suspects have been arrested in connection with the incident and two minors have been detained. He said the crimes were committed between January 29 and September 22.
- The main accused is a friend of the girl. He had allegedly raped her in January and made a video of the sexual assault.
- “He started blackmailing her on the basis of that video,” Karale said. “
- Later, her friends and acquaintances gang-raped her on at least four to five occasions at different places including Dombivli, Badlapur, Murbad, and Rabale [cities] in [Thane] district.”
The accused have been booked under several sections of the Indian Penal Code, including rape, as well as sections of the Protection of Children against Sexual Offenses Act.
Arrests from Thane and Mumbai
According to the police, the incident is from Bhopar area of Dombivali. The minor was gang-raped by 30 people at different times and at different places. From January 2021 to September 22, 2021, the girl child was tortured. Fed up with this, the victim lodged a complaint at Manpada police station last night.
The police have arrested the accused in this case from Dombivli, Badlapur, Rabale and Murbad. Many of the arrested accused are also associated with several political parties. Sections 376 (rape), 376 (n), 376 (3), 376 (d) (a) of the IPC and sections of the POCSO Act have been imposed against them.