10 newborns have died due to fire in district hospital of Bhandara district in Maharashtra. The fire was started in the Sick Newborn care unit at 2 am on Saturday. Seven children have been evacuated. Bhandara is 900 km from Mumbai.
According to media reports, the cause of this fire in the hospital is being attributed to a short circuit. During the incident, smoke appeared from the out-of-barn unit of the district government hospital last night.
When the nurse present opened the door, there was a fire and there was a huge smoke coming out. The sleeping officers were informed, rescue operations started with the help of fire brigade and common people.
It is worth noting that in this department there are two units Out Born and In Born, out of which newborns are safe with Inborn unit, but 10 were absorbed into the cheeks of the newborn. During this time 7 children have been saved. This information has been given by Civil Surgeon Pramod Khandate.
Incidents of fire in hospitals in Maharashtra are not new. In September last year, a fire broke out in a government hospital in Kolhapur, the western region of the state.
The reason behind this arson in Chhatrapati Pramila Raje Government Hospital was also being told as a short circuit. It is worth noting that at the time when this incident happened in the hospital, more than 400 covid-19 patients were being treated here.