The Indian businessman and former chairman of Tata Sons is feared dead in a road accident in Palghar on Sunday as his Mercedes was returning from Ahmedabad to Mumbai.
The accident took place on a bridge over the Surya River. Two other people injured in the accident are hospitalized. The car hit the wall according to Palghar SP.
According to various media reports citing the Palghar police, Mistry was killed in a traffic accident on the Mumbai – Ahmedabad expressway in Palghar.
“The accident took place around 3:15 P.M when Mistry was travelling to Mumbai from Ahmedabad. The accident took place on a bridge over the Surya River. It looks like an accident,” the police officer said.
The other two people traveling with him, including the driver of the car, were injured. All the injured have been taken to a hospital in Gujarat.
More details will be forthcoming from them, he said. Cyrus Mistry’s shock ouster in 2016 set off a very public battle in the courts and boardrooms for years. The Supreme Court ruled in 2021 that Cyrus’ removal was legal and also upheld Tata Sons’ rules on minority shareholder rights.
Twitterati expressed their grief
- Already half-shrinking Swiss glaciers intensify melting: Study
- Cost of Development: Almond Farmers losing land in Kashmir
- What is loss and damage, and what does it mean for South Asia?
- Climate Change: Why are Kargil Villages facing drought like situation?
- Floods: How melting glaciers fueled disaster in Pakistan?