Sharing is Important
Rail and road traffic has been affected during the Bharat Bandh called by farmers’ organizations today to protest against the new agricultural laws. All emergency services will remain operational during Bharat Bandh.
- Farmers have blocked National Highway number 24. He says that he will keep off the highway till 3 pm.
- Mumbai’s largest Vashi Agricultural Market is closed today in support of Bharat Bandh. It is the largest market for the supply of food items in Mumbai.
- Lucknow’s largest fruit and vegetable market is also closed today. It is said that around fifteen thousand farmers come here every day to sell their crops.
- Bank’s unions have also said that they support the demands of the farmers.
- Delhi Police has said that travelers coming to Delhi should avoid traveling on National Highway Numbers 9, 19, 44 and 48. Traffic on these routes is likely to be disrupted due to the Bharat Bandh.
- In Punjab, along with Congress party MLAs, the Akali Dal and Aam Aadmi Party MLAs have also announced to demonstrate in support of the farmers. All these parties say that the demands of the farmers should be considered.
- Tamil Nadu is not supporting the India bandh. Despite the opposition’s appeal, the trade unions have kept the markets open. It has been told that the Left parties can perform in Tamil Nadu on Tuesday, which is not expected to have much impact.
- Similarly, mandis are also open in Himachal Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. In these states also, Congress has announced to protest.
- Subhash Talekar, president of the Dabbawalas Association in Mumbai, has said that he too is in support of farmers. The central government is trying to destroy agriculture and farming in the country.
- Pictures of demonstrations in support of farmers are also coming out from Bihar, Punjab, Assam and Karnataka.