Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday inaugurated the six-lane highway connecting Prayagraj-Varanasi on National Highway No. 19. Inaugurating the project, the Prime Minister said that Varanasi is getting better infrastructure. The Prime Minister also spoke about the protest of farmers on this occasion.
He said, “Big schemes were announced in the name of farmers. But he himself believed that only 15 paise out of 1 rupee used to reach the farmer. That is, trick in the name of schemes. MSP was declared but on MSP Purchases were made very rarely. For years, the MSP was tricked. “
Special features of Prime Minister’s speech
- Along with the beautification of Kashi in the past years, you are now seeing the benefit of the work done on the connectivity here. There should be new highways, pull-flyovers, widening of roads to reduce traffic jams, as much work is being done in and around Benaras, it has never happened after independence.
- When modern connectivity expands in an area, our farmers benefit greatly from it. In the past years, efforts have been made to create storage and cold storage arrangements along modern roads in the villages. A fund of Rs 1 lakh crore has also been created for this.
- Due to the formation of a perishable cargo center in Varanasi, now the farmers here have got a great facility to store and sell fruits and vegetables easily. Due to this storage capacity, for the first time, the produce of farmers here is being exported in large quantities.
- While normal rice is sold at Rs 35-40 per kg, this best rice is being sold for up to Rs 300. The great thing is that Black Rice has also got foreign market. For the first time, this rice has been exported to Australia, that too at the rate of around Rs.
- A variety of black rice variety was used here 2 years ago to increase the income of the farmers of Chandauli. Last year, around 400 farmers were given this rice to grow in the Kharif season. A committee was formed of these farmers, market was searched for it.