Ground Report | Jammu Kashmir: Pakistani commando in Poonch encounter; Encounters between security forces and militants have been going on for about nine days in the forests of the Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir.
Pakistani commando in Poonch encounter
According to NDTV, army and police sources said that the intensity of the clash between the terrorists suggests that they were trained by Pakistani commandos. Explain that with the martyrdom of two soldiers, nine soldiers have been martyred so far in the operation which started on Monday in the Sornkot forest of Poonch.
Reports claim that the fact that this group of terrorists was able to inflict such a huge number of casualties while managing to evade thousands of security forces for eight days, suggests that they have been commanded by the elite commandos of the Pakistan Army.
The campaign later spread to Mandhar in Poonch and Mandi police station in Rajouri. As of press time, it is not clear whether any terrorists have been killed or not as nobody has been found so far. Despite a large-scale search operation, heavy siege, and heavy shelling, the encounter continue in an 8-9 km long area of dense forest.
Security forces have been directed that even if the operation ends, it should be ensured that no further casualties are reported. Sources said that the terrorists have been surrounded in one area. With the help of Army para-commandos and helicopters, the security forces hope that the encounter will end soon.
The encounter started on the night of 10 October in Dera Wali Gali of Poonch. At the very beginning of the encounter, 5 army personnel including a JCO were martyred, but even after a long search operation, these terrorists managed to escape by dodging the security forces.
After this, on October 14, these terrorists were surrounded by security forces in the forests of Nar Khas of Poonch. In this search operation, 4 soldiers of the army went missing. Out of these, the bodies of 2 were recovered on Friday and 2 on Saturday after a long search operation.
Killings in Kashmir
- On 02 October, Majid Ahmed Gojri, a resident of Chattabal, Srinagar, was murdered in Karna Nagar area of Srinagar, while Mohammad Shafi Dar, a resident of Batamalo, was murdered in his locality.
- On 05 October, Dr Bindroo Lal a chemist, Virendra Paswan a non-local street vendor and Mohammad Shafi Lone President Sumo Drivers Association Naidkhai were murdered.
- On 7 October, two teachers were murdered in the Sangam Eidgah area of Srinagar.
- On 07 October, a nomad named Parvez Ahmed, son of Noor U Din of Kashwan, remote Rajkang, was killed after allegedly ignoring a stop signal by the Naka party of 40 Battalion in Moongal area of Anantnag district.
- On 16 October, two non-local laborers namely Arvind Kumar Shah of Banka Bihar and Sagir Ahmed of Uttar Pradesh (UP) were killed by suspected terrorists at Eidgah Srinagar and Litter Pulwama respectively.
- On 17 October, two non-local labourers were shot dead and one injured by militants in the Kulgam.