Ground Report | New Delhi: One more attack in Kashmir; At least two non-local laborers were killed and another injured in an attack by unidentified gunmen in Laran Ganjipora area of south Kashmir’s Kulgam district on Sunday evening. So far 5 non-locals were killed in different parts of the Kashmir valley.
As per reports three non-locals have been identified as Raja Reshi Dev, Joginder Reshi Dev, Chunchun Reshi Deva – all residents of Bihar. The laborer, identified as Chun Chun Reshi Dev, son of Teju Das from Bihar, was shifted to GMC Anantnag for treatment.
In 16 days, there have been 13 encounters in Jammu and Kashmir, resulting in the death of 14 terrorists and seven soldiers. (One more attack in Kashmir)
One more attack in Kashmir
- On 08 October, a militant named Aaqib Kumar, a resident of Trenz Shopian, was killed in an encounter at Chanapora, Srinagar.
- On 09 October the militants managed to escape after a brief exchange of fire in Methan area of Srinagar.
- On 11 October, two militants named Imtiyaz Ahmad Dar of Shahgund and Yawar Ahmed of Kakapora area were killed in Gund Jahangir Hajin Bandipora and Khangund Verinag encounters respectively.
- On October 12, five militants were killed in two separate encounters in South Kashmir’s Shopian district.
- On 13 October, Jaish commander Shamsuddin Sofi of Satura Tral was killed in an encounter in Waggad Tral.
- On 15 October, a militant named Shahid Bashir Sheikh of Karfali Mohalla Habba Kadal, was killed in Washbag area of Pulwama, Another militant Tanzeel Ahmed of Habba Kadal area was killed in the Pulwama encounter in Bemina Srinagar.
- On 16 October, two militants named Umar Mushtaq Khande of Tulbagh Pampore and Shahid Khurshid of Methan Chanpora were killed in an encounter in Pampore area of Pulwama district.
- On October 11, five army personnel were killed in an encounter with terrorists in Poonch area of Jammu division. The slain soldiers have been identified as Naib Subedar Jaswinder Singh, Naik Mandeep Singh, Sepoy Gajan Singh, Sepoy Saraj Singh and Sepoy Vaishakh H. Operation is still going on in the area.
- On October 14, two soldiers were killed in an encounter in Mendhar area of Srinagar, while on October 16, two more soldiers were killed in the same operation.
- On 02 October, Majid Ahmed Gojri, a resident of Chattabal, Srinagar, was murdered in Karna Nagar area of Srinagar, while Mohammad Shafi Dar, a resident of Batamalo, was murdered in his locality.
- On 05 October, Dr Bindroo Lal a chemist, Virendra Paswan a non-local street vendor and Mohammad Shafi Lone President Sumo Drivers Association Naidkhai were murdered.
- On 7 October, two teachers were murdered in the Sangam Eidgah area of Srinagar.
- On 07 October, a nomad named Parvez Ahmed, son of Noor U Din of Kashwan, remote Rajkang, was killed after allegedly ignoring a stop signal by the Naka party of 40 Battalion in Moongal area of Anantnag district.
- On 16 October, two non-local laborers namely Arvind Kumar Shah of Banka Bihar and Sagir Ahmed of Uttar Pradesh (UP) were killed by suspected terrorists at Eidgah Srinagar and Litter Pulwama respectively.