China has refused to back down from the Hot Spring and Gogra posts following recent commander-level talks to resolve the ongoing tension over the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh.
The tension between China and India in East Ladakh will continue to complete the tension between Line of Actual Control. To resolve the tension, military officials of both sides have held 11 rounds of talks so far, but the matter has not been fully resolved.
The newspaper says that on the 9th of April, there was a commander-level dialogue between the two countries after which China has refused to withdraw its troops from Hot Spring and Gogra Post. The tenancy of the soldiers in these areas, including the Depsang plane, is the cause of tension between the two countries.
Both countries withdrew troops from Pangong Tso Lake and north and south of Kailash.
Quoting a source involved in the talks between the two countries in the year 2020, the newspaper wrote that China had agreed to withdraw its troops from the Patrolling Points 15 and 17 of Hot Spring and Gogra Post, but now they have done so Is refused.
In the recently concluded talks, China said that “India should be happy in what it has received so far.”
According to the source, there is now a platoon stationed there, not a Chinese army company. A company of the Indian Army consists of 100 to 120 soldiers while a platoon consists of 30-32 soldiers.
A temporary ban was imposed on both sides between Finger 4 and Finger 8 on the northern bank of Pangong Tso.
According to the source, India has not been able to reach Finger 8 since two-three years before the tension between the two countries started, which shows the line of actual control.
The dispute over the Line of Actual Control between India and China began in May last year, when China objected to India’s construction of a road in the Galvan Valley of Aksai Chin in Ladakh.
On May 5, a military standoff erupted after a violent clash between the Indian Army and Chinese troops. After this, Chinese soldiers also got involved with Indian soldiers at Nathu La in Sikkim on May 9, in which several soldiers were injured.
After this, on 15 June, there was a skirmish between India and Chinese soldiers in the Galwan Valley of Ladakh, in which 20 Indian soldiers were killed.