Skip to content
Home ยป Captain Varun Singh dies days after chopper crash

Captain Varun Singh dies days after chopper crash

Captain Varun Singh dies days after chopper crash

Ground Report | New Delhi: Captain Varun Singh dies; Group captain Varun Singh, the sole survivor of the IAF helicopter crash that claimed the lives of 13 people, including CDS General Bipin Rawat, died on Wednesday.

Initially admitted to the Wellington Military Hospital, he was transferred to the Command Hospital in Bengaluru on December 9. General Bipin Rawat, his wife Madhulika Rawat, his Defense Advisor Brig Lakhbinder Singh Lidder, Staff Officer Lieutenant Colonel Harjinder Singh, and nine other members.

ALSO READ: CDS General Bipin Rawat dies in helicopter crash

“The IAF is deeply saddened to inform the passing away of braveheart Group Captain Varun Singh, who succumbed this morning to the injuries sustained in the helicopter accident on 08 Dec 21. IAF offers sincere condolences and stands firmly with the bereaved family,” said the statement. (Captain Varun Singh dies)

ALSO READ:Was Deepak Chaurasia drunk paying tribute to martyr Bipin Rawat?

“Group Captain Varun Singh served the nation with pride, valour and utmost professionalism. I am extremely anguished by his passing away. His rich service to the nation will never be forgotten. Condolences to his family and friends. Om Shanti,” posted Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

On December 9, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh briefed both Houses of Parliament on the IAF helicopter crash that claimed 13 lives. He explained that Sulur Air Base Air Traffic Control lost contact with the Mi-17 V5 helicopter around 12:08 p.m., just a few minutes before its scheduled landing in Wellington, where the CDS was going to interact with student officers.

He also revealed that the IAF had ordered a three-service investigation spearheaded by Air Marshal Manvendra Singh, who serves as the Command-in-Chief of the Air Officer Training Command.

Explaining the sequence of events, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh stated: “The Air Force Mi-17 V5 helicopter took off from Sulur Air Base yesterday at 11:48 AM and was expected to land. in Wellington at 12:15 p.m. Sulur Air Base lost contact with the helicopter at approximately 12:08 p.m.

You can connect with Ground Report on FacebookTwitterInstagram, and WhatsappFor suggestions and writeups mail us at

%d bloggers like this: