Ground Report | New Delhi: 133 militants killed in Kashmir; With the killing of three militants on Monday, a total of 133 militants have been killed by security forces in the Kashmir Valley this year. While 150-200 including 38 foreigners are still active.
133 militants killed in Kashmir
According to the data released by the security forces, 38 non-local terrorists, mostly from Pakistan, are currently active in Jammu and Kashmir. Also, these foreign terrorists are spread all over Jammu and Kashmir and are hiding in the cities as well as in the forest area.
Of the 38 foreign terrorists, 27 are from Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) while 11 are affiliated to Jaish-e-Mohammed and are located in Srinagar, Baramulla, Kulgam and Pulwama, and other parts of the Valley. The ‘Special Task Force’ formed after the killings of civilians in the Valley has been entrusted with the task of locating the exact places so that accurate action can be taken against them. Logistics help is being provided to foreigners by Over Ground Workers (OGW) and they are also being targeted by NIA.
The coordinated efforts of central agencies have made identification possible with intelligence agencies providing inputs and operations carried out by counter-insurgency special forces of the Indian Army and the Special Operation Group (SOG) of the Jammu and Kashmir Police. Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Kashmir Zone, Vijay Kumar said that so far this year, 133 militants including top commanders have been killed, including the terrorist who carried out the “fidayeen” attack in the Bemina area of Srinagar.
- 02 October, Majid Ahmad Gojri a resident of Chattabal Srinagar was killed in Karan Nagar area of Srinagar while as Mohammad Shafi Dar a resident of Batamallo was killed in his locality.
- 05 October, Dr Bindroo Lal a chemist, Virendar Paswan a non local street vendor and Mohammad Shafi Lone president Sumo drivers association Naidkhai were killed in Iqbal Park area, Lal Bazar and Shah Gund Hajin in Bandipora area respectively.
- On 07 October, two teachers namely Deepak Chand and Supindar Kour were killed in Sangam Eidgah area of Srinagar.
- 07 October, a nomad named Parvez Ahmad son of Noor u Din from remote Rajkang, Kashwan, was killed after he allegedly ignored a stop signal by the naka party of 40 battalion at Moonghal area of Anantnag district.
- 16 October, two non local labourers namely Arvind Kumar Shah of Banka Bihar and Sagir Ahmad of Uttar Pradesh (UP) were killed by suspected militants in Eidgah Srinagar and Litter Pulwama respectively.
- October 17, two non local labourers were killed namely Raja Reshi Dev and Joginder Reshi Dev by suspected militants in Wanpoh area of Kulgam district.
- October 24, a civilian named Shahid Ahmad from Nowpora kharpora area of Kulgam district was killed in cross-fire in Babapora area of Zainapora in Shopian district