Ground Report | New Delhi: Women frisked in Kashmir; In the same month in Jammu and Kashmir, terrorists killed many innocent people, many of them were residents of UP and Bihar. Women personnel of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) have been deployed at Lal Chowk in Srinagar.
Women frisked in Kashmir
The searches were conducted by women constables of the Central Reserve Police Force in Srinagar’s Lal Chowk area, a first of its kind exercise in the last 30 years in the wake of killings of civilians in Kashmir.
In the wake of the killings of civilians in Kashmir, for the first time in the last 30 years, women personnel of CRPF conducted searches in the Lal Chowk area of the city. Women personnel of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) check bags of women passing through the Lal Chowk area of the city.
Farida, a Local resident of Srinagar, said, “Women carry many things that they keep private. The CRPF women should have made a makeshift room so that privacy was maintained.” She said that she has a problem not with the search but with the method of investigation.
Following the killings in Kashmir, Many laborers are leaving Kashmir and returning to their homes. The workers say that the situation in Kashmir is getting worse now. It is difficult to live here, so they are returning to their homes from here.
A migrant from Rajasthan said, ‘The situation is getting worse here. We are scared, we have kids with us and so we are going back to our hometowns.”
Ravinder Kumar, a carpenter from Bihar, left for home on Sunday morning. “We had decided to go by this time as Diwali is approaching and we want to celebrate it with our families back home. The local people have been very nice to us, but it is true that after the murder, we are all filled with fear. Gone are the two non-local street vendors and one carpenter.
- On 02 October, Majid Ahmed Gojri, a resident of Chattabal, Srinagar, was murdered in Karna Nagar area of Srinagar, while Mohammad Shafi Dar, a resident of Batamalo, was murdered in his locality.
- On 05 October, Dr Bindroo Lal a chemist, Virendra Paswan a non-local street vendor and Mohammad Shafi Lone President Sumo Drivers Association Naidkhai were murdered.
- On 7 October, two teachers were murdered in the Sangam Eidgah area of Srinagar.
- On 07 October, a nomad named Parvez Ahmed, son of Noor U Din of Kashwan, remote Rajkang, was killed after allegedly ignoring a stop signal by the Naka party of 40 Battalion in Moongal area of Anantnag district.
- On 16 October, two non-local laborers namely Arvind Kumar Shah of Banka Bihar and Sagir Ahmed of Uttar Pradesh (UP) were killed by suspected terrorists at Eidgah Srinagar and Litter Pulwama respectively.
- On 17 October, Two non-local laborers were killed and another injured in an attack by in Laran Ganjipora area of south Kashmir’s Kulgam