Maharashtra Government Home Minister Anil Deshmukh has asked the Crime branch of India CBI to tell whether Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput had committed suicide or had been killed. He said that the CBI should present its investigation report in this case as soon as possible.
According to news agency Press Trust of India (PTI), Anil Deshmukh said in a press conference, ‘People of Maharashtra and the country are eagerly waiting for the CBI investigation report in the case of Sushant Singh Rajput’s death. People ask me about the matter. I request the CBI to tell the CBI whether it was suicide or murder.
He said that it has been five-six months since the CBI was handed over the investigation of the case. Now CBI should now make its report public as soon as possible so that people can keep going.
On June 14 this year, Sushant Singh Rajput’s body was found in a suspicious condition at his Bandra home. Initially, the Maharashtra Police had considered his death a suicide and had filed an accidental death report in this case. Later this case was handed over to the CBI.
On August 19, the Supreme Court also upheld the handing over of the case to the CBI. Sushant Singh Rajput’s father had filed a case against his girlfriend Riya Chakraborty in Patna. He was accused of inducing suicide.
The CBI took the investigation of the case from Bihar Police. In October this year, a team of doctors from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi, said in their test report that Sushant Singh Rajput was not killed. He called it a case of death by hanging it.