Tata Advanced Systems Limited has successfully delivered the indigenously developed Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle (QRFV) to the Indian Army. This will boost India’s Defence power. The induction of QRFV will boost the Indian Army’s operational capabilities.
This has been developed by Tata Advance systems, this is a fire and fury vehicle specially designed for the army.
The new QRF vehicles by Tata are proof that India can build its indigenous defense equipment on its soil.
Features of QRFV
QRFV stands for Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle
- IT is a 4×4 Mine protected vehicle
- It has Stanag level 4 blast protection
- 240 HP Engine fitted in the vehicle
- This new TATA Vehicle can carry a payload of up to 2 Tons
- Tires are equipped with run-flat inserts
- QRFV has a 360-degree rotating turret on the roof.
- The vehicle has 10 firing ports.
- It has a seating capacity of 14
Tata said in a statement that we are proud to have successfully completed the contract of supplying QRFV Med vehicles.
In a written reply to Rajya Sabha, the MoS said that the initiatives taken by the Centre to encourage the production of indigenous defense equipment have resulted in cutting the expenditure on defense procurement from foreign sources from 46 percent of the overall expenditure to 36 percent in the last four years — 2018-19 to 2021-22.
The Government of India is constantly trying to make India self-reliant in the field of defense so that we do not have to depend on other countries for these weapons and equipment. Many companies are helping the Government of India in this work. This special vehicle designed by Tata will further strengthen the Indian Army. This vehicle can withstand the attacks of big bombs, this will thwart the IED attacks on the army by the enemies and the army will be able to move safely.
- Why are Gondalpura farmers protesting against Adani coal mines?
- Solar Concentrator for eco friendly cooking at Amarnath Yatra