Ground Report | New Delhi: How to get New Composite Gas cylinders; The Indian Oil (IOC) has now introduced a new LPG cylinder, which is not only 50 percent lighter and corrosion-resistant than the steel-bodied LPG cylinders of the moment, but also being transparent, the cylinder from outside is saved.
The composite cylinder is made in three tiers, with a layer of high-density polyethylene (HDPE) inside the first. This inner layer is coated with fiberglass made from polymers. Its outer layer is also made of HDPE. That is, these cylinders have been made with complete safety. The LPG composite cylinder, which is currently in use, is made of steel.
What is a compound cylinder?
The composite cylinder is a three-layer cylinder composed of a blow-molded HDPE inner liner, covered with a composite layer of polymer-wrapped fiberglass and equipped with an HDPE outer jacket.
It is heavier than the compact cylinder. This compact cylinder has many other features which are being given below half the weight of a regular steel cylinder.
The composite cylinder weighs 5 kg and 10 kg. This cylinder is transparent, so you can see the amount of gas remaining in the cylinder. This will help the consumers to plan their next refill considering the quantity of gas. The composite cylinder does not rust and most importantly it is not damaged, making it safe. This cylinder has been designed according to the modern kitchen.
Composite cylinders are currently available in 28 cities of the country, Ahmedabad, Ajmer, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Darjeeling, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurugram, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jamshedpur, Ludhiana, Mysore, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Sangrur, Surat, Tiruchirappalli, Tiruvallur. , Tumkur, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam.
How to get New Composite Gas cylinders
- Most importantly, you can replace your old steel cylinder with a new composite cylinder if you wish.
- If you are an Indane customer, go to your gas agency with your steel cylinder.
- Also, keep the subscription paper for gas connection with you.
- The amount you have spent on getting the connection of your old cylinder will be deducted from the cost of the composite cylinder.
- Indane customers can replace their existing steel cylinders with composite cylinders by paying the difference in security deposit.
- Interestingly, these cylinders are rust-free and do not rust and reduce the chances of leaving stains and marks on surfaces.
- Designed in such a way that these cylinders make them attractive and ideal for today’s modern kitchens.
- IOCL has also announced that these cylinders will soon be available across the country.
- Another interesting fact is that you can replace the existing LPG steel cylinder with a composite cylinder.
- What you have to do is pay the security deposit and the security deposit for these cylinders in the non-subsidised category is Rs 3350 for the 10 kg variant and Rs 2150 for the 5 kg variant.