Ground Report | New Delhi: Google Pay: Wrong Transaction; Digital transactions are increasing rapidly in the country. If people have got convenience from this, but cases of fraud are also coming to the fore.
Many a times people while sending money through digital payment option enter wrong account number or any details while doing the transaction, due to which the money sent by them gets transferred to someone else’s account.
If the bank account number entered by you by mistake is not available in the bank data, all money will be refunded to your bank account. But if the account number is present in the bank’s data, then that money will reach the account of the person to whom you have sent it by mistake.
To get help, you can contact customer service through the official Google Pay website or app.
There is no Google Pay customer care number where you can lodge a complaint. You can submit your issue through the Google Pay Help Center.
Google pay wrong transaction
Alternatively, you can submit your issue in the ‘Help & Feedback’ section of the Google Pay app. Here, you can request a call from the customer support executive. You can also chat with a service agent to solve your problem.
How to Recover Money Sent to a Wrong Account in Google Pay?
So, follow below steps:
- First of all open Google Pay app on your mobile. Download
- Next, tap on See all payment activity.
- Select transaction for which you want to raise dispute.
- So, click on Drop Down arrow and select Raise Dispute.
- Note: You can raise issue only when money has been debited but has not been received by the beneficiary.
- Click on Continue.
- Finally, you have raised issue. Wait for 7 days for update on it.
- Note: Bank may take 7 days or longer to resolve your report. After that you check status in Google Pay app.
How do I raise a dispute with Google pay?
Open the Google Pay app. Select the transaction you want to dispute…. Please note that Raise Dispute option will be enabled after 2 days from the date of transaction.
- Tap Raise Dispute.
- Tap I Agree.
- Tap Continue.
- Follow the steps on the screen to finish raising the dispute for your Google Pay transaction.