Ground Report | New Delhi: Flood like situation; In some states of North India, there has been a flood-like situation due to heavy rains. Shocking videos have emerged from some areas of Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Jammu and Kashmir.
Flood like situation
In Bhagsu Nag of Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh, a flood-like situation arose due to the rise in the water level of the river. Many buildings and vehicles have been damaged by the floods. According to reports, so far 3 thousand mm of rain has been recorded in the city.
News agency ANI quoted Deputy Commissioner Nipun Jindal as saying that two people are missing in Kangra district after heavy rains and flash floods. Regarding the flood in Bhagsu Nag, the commissioner said that it cannot be called cloudburst, these conditions have been created due to heavy rains. (Flood like situation)
Similar pictures and videos have come out from Dharamshala-Palpur, in which the surging river can be seen.
Flash floods were created due to cloudburst in Ganderbal of Jammu and Kashmir. It has damaged many houses and roads in Lar tehsil of Ganderbal. According to Greater Kashmir, the police and SDRF have started the rescue operation. (Flood like situation)
Rishikesh-Badrinath National Highway near Chamoli has been closed due to falling debris due to rain in Uttarakhand.
Many people died due to lightning in Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. On July 11, several people taking selfies in Jaipur, Rajasthan lost their lives due to lightning. At the same time, about 30 people died on Sunday due to lightning in many areas of Uttar Pradesh.
Keep these things in mind when lightning strikes
- If lightning strikes someone, seek medical help immediately. Touching such people will not harm you.
- If someone is struck by lightning, immediately check his pulse and if you know how to give first aid, then definitely give it. Lightning often burns in two places – the place where the electric shock enters the body and the place where it leaves, such as the soles of the feet.
- It may also happen that a person’s bones have been broken or his hearing or vision has been lost due to lightning. Check it out.
- Do not go out immediately after a lightning strike. Most deaths are caused by lightning within 30 minutes of the storm’s passing.
- If the clouds are thundering, and your hair is standing, this is a sign that lightning may strike. In such a situation, lie down and sit on your feet, keep your hands on the knee and the head between both the knees. Due to this mudra, you will have minimum contact with the ground.
- Do not use an umbrella or mobile phone – electricity can enter your body through metal. The British Medical Journal has published how a 15-year-old girl was struck by lightning while using a mobile phone. He had a heart attack.
- It is a myth that lightning cannot strike twice in the same place.