Home » 250 to 300 militants ready to infiltrate: GoC Kilo Force

250 to 300 militants ready to infiltrate: GoC Kilo Force

indian army kashmir gunfight
Sharing is Important
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Ground Report| News Desk | The Army said it has sent its recommendations regarding surrender cum rehabilitation policy for the militants who shun the path of violence and join the mainstream but so far there was no final draft ready. It said till policy takes the final shape, it would follow the existing one and allow every local militant to surrender and start a new life.

Speaking to media at Sopore in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district, General officer Commanding (GoC) of north Kashmir based Kilo Force, Major General Force HS Sahi said the army had advocated any rehabilitation policy for the surrendered youth, the army officer said that the army and police have sent some recommendations to the J&K administration regarding surrender policy but so far there is no final draft.

“Till new policy is rolled out, we will follow the existing one,” he said.The GoC Kilo Force said that security forces will provide a chance to every local militant to shun militancy and join the path of peace.Major General H S Sahi said that the Army is getting continuous inputs about the presence of 250 to 300 militants at the launch pads who are ready to sneak into this side to foment trouble.

READ:  Covid-19 recovery rate reached 85.56% in India

 List of Some Famous Hindu-Muslim couples of India

“Our counter-infiltration grid along the LoC is very active and robust. We are maintaining the highest level of vigil and all bids being made by the militants to sneak in, will be foiled,” the GoC Victor Force said, as per news agency—Kashmir News Observer.

Recently, General officer Commanding (GoC) of Srinagar based army’s 15 Corps commander Lieutenant General B S Raju said that this year so far, army has been successful in plugging the infiltration on the LoC. He had stated that only 30 militants had managed to infiltrate into this side compared to 126 last year from January to October 1.

READ:  Is there an impact of COVID-19 on male fertility?

The GoC Victor force while replying to a query said that north Kashmir is heading towards peace since past two months, militants haven’t been able to carry out any strike. “Four youths including the two who surrendered today, had gone missing from Sopore area in the past one month.

Two of them were arrested in Srinagar 20 days ago and two remaining surrendered today. So all four are back home,” he said.

Jammu and Kashmir police Thursday said that two newly recruited militants of Al-Badr outfit surrendered before security forces during a Cordon and Search Operation (CASO) in Shallpora, Tujjjar Shareef area of Sopore in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district.

He said that before any engagement, their family members were brought in on the spot to persuade the militants to surrender. “The militants were persuaded by the collective efforts of security forces and their family members, who responded and surrendered before the security forces along with incriminating materials,” the officer said, adding that the arrested duo were identified as Abid Ahmad War and Mehraj-ud-din War, both residents of Wadoora in Sopore.

READ:  Sri Lanka announces ban on face masks, including burqas

You can connect with Ground Report on FacebookTwitter and Whatsapp, and mail us at GReport2018@gmail.com to send us your suggestions and writeups.