Ground Report | New Delhi: Rhea Chakraborty trending; Marathi actress Kranti Redkar Wankhede, wife of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede, has written an open letter to Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray, alleging that her family is being insulted and corruption against her husband.
Kranti Redkar said that A woman’s dignity has become a joke since Rhea Chakraborty is trending on social media. Kranti Redkar wrote, “We are being humiliated in front of the people every day. A woman’s dignity has become a joke in a regime that drew inspiration from the reign of King Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj of the 17th century.”
“He (Balasaheb) is not here today but you are. We see him in you, we trust you. I believe that you will not allow injustice to my family and me. As a Marathi, I look towards you with hopes of justice. I request you for justice,” Kranti Redkar Wankhede’s letter further reads.”
On Wednesday, she had said that her husband was born as a Hindu and never changed his religion.
She had also opposed the claim made by Qazi, who married Sameer Wankhede’s first marriage in 2006, that he was a Muslim at the time of ‘nikah’. Kranti Redkar, who married Sameer Wankhede in 2017, had also slammed Malik for doing “low-level” politics by leveling various allegations against her husband.
Wankhede had probed actress Rhea Chakraborty’s drug conspiracy in connection with the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput. Wankhede is married to popular Marathi actress Kranti Redkar, who worked with actor Ajay Devgn in the 2003 film Gangaajal. Wankhede and Kranti tied the knot in March 2017 in a private wedding ceremony.
Nawab Malik vs NCB – Till now
Malik’s security was upgraded to Y+ category after he received threatening calls after his press conference last week questioning the NCB probe into the Cordelia drug bust case. Many people including Aryan, son of actor Shahrukh Khan, have been arrested in this case.
On 14 October, he intensified his attack on the NCB, alleging that the anti-drug agency had implicated his son-in-law Sameer Khan for propaganda in the drug case. He further claimed that the whole matter was bogus and with malicious intent.
Malik said that while the NCB had claimed to have found 200 kg of ganja (marijuana), the chemical analyst’s report had proved that it was herbal tobacco and not ganja. “It is shocking that an anti-drug agency like NCB cannot differentiate between ganja and tobacco,” he said.
“There is no case of illegal drug trafficking and conspiracy against Sameer Khan,” Malik said. “NCB is involved in selective leaks to implicate people,” he claimed. (Rhea Chakraborty trending)
According to Malik, the Mumbai Police was also informed that 11 people have been detained from the cruise ship. Malik had alleged that the NCB raid on Cruise was “fake, planned and a conspiracy to defame the film industry and the Maharashtra government”.
“Select people have been arrested… The matter is serious. CCTV footage should be taken and a detailed investigation should be done,” the minority affairs minister alleged.
allegations against Sameer Wankhede
- BJP Involvement: Nawab Malik alleges that after the raid of October 2, NCB Sameer Wankhede released some people. He also claimed that one of the persons released by the NCB was a relative of BJP leader Mohit Kamboj.
- Cruise Raid was Fake: Malik said that the Mumbai Police was also informed that 11 people have been detained from the cruise ship. Malik had alleged that the NCB raid on Cruise was “fake, planned and a conspiracy to defame the film industry and the Maharashtra government”.
- Nawab Malik claims that the NCB tried to pass off 200 kg of herbal tobacco as “bhang” (ganja).
- NCB Targeting with purpose: Nawab intensified his attack on the NCB, alleging that the anti-drug agency had implicated his son-in-law Sameer Khan for propaganda in the drug case. He further claimed that the whole matter was bogus and with malicious intent.
- Fletcher Patel Connection: Nawab Malik highlighted the connection between Patel, a former Army officer, and Yasmin Wankhede, sister of NCB regional director Sameer Wankhede. In one picture, Fletcher Patel called Yasmin Wankhede “Lady Don”.
- Extortion allegations: Nawab Malik accused Sameer Wankhede of ‘extortion’, claiming that the IRS officer was in Maldives at the same time many Bollywood celebrities were holidaying there. The NCP leader also shared pictures of Sameer and Yasmin Wankhede clicked in the Maldives.
- Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) Spokesperson and state Minority Affairs Minister of Maharashtra Nawab Malik has targeted the NCB. Who is Fletcher Patel? Such a question has been asked by Nawab Malik. Nawab Malik shared a photo of Fletcher Patel with NCB official Sameer Wankhede on Twitter
- 25 crore Bribe demanded: Prabhakar Sail, an independent witness from NCB in the cruise ship drug bust, alleged that Sameer Wankhede was part of a bid to demand Rs 25 crore in return for Aryan Khan’s release.
- Attack on Sameer Wankhede’s Identity: Nawab Malik tweeted Wankhede’s birth certificate and called it the beginning of his journey into forgery. Malik says that Sameer Wankhede’s father’s name is Dawood Wankhede and he is a Muslim. Despite this, Wankhede passed the IRS examination by taking the wrong advantage of the reservation given to the backward classes.