Ground Report | New Delhi: Govt’s guidelines regarding Omicron; The Center on Tuesday said the Omicron version of COVID-19 is at least three times more permeable than the delta and asked states and union territories to “activate” war rooms, even as they Keep analyzing even the smallest trends and surges and take strict and quick preventive action. District and local level.
In a letter to states and union territories, Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan advised implementing strategic interventions like imposing night curfew, strict regulation of large gatherings, reducing the number of weddings and funerals, besides increasing testing and surveillance.
The letter highlights the measures that need to be taken to detect the early signs of an increase in the cases of COVID-19 as well as the type of omicrons of concern in different parts of the country.
“Please activate the War Room/EOC (Emergency Operation Center) and keep analyzing all the trends and surges, no matter how small, and take proactive action at the district/local level. Regular review with field officers and in this regard Proactive action will certainly control the spread of the infection and flatten the curve,” he said. (Govt’s guidelines regarding Omicron)
Bed capacity, other logistics like ambulances, a mechanism for seamless transfer of patients, availability and operational readiness of oxygen equipment, a buffer stock of medicines, to ensure states and UTs by quick utilization of Emergency COVID Response Package (ECRP-) has been asked to increase. II) Funds released by the Central Government and other available resources etc.
ALSO READ: These are the 10 Poorest states in India
- Considering the local situation, steps should be taken for this new variant of Corona. Instructions have also been given to be alert about the boundaries of different areas.
- It has been told from the center that the test positivity has reached 10 percent in the last few days and the need for oxygen and ICU beds has also increased by 40 percent since the last one week.
- States and Union Territories have been advised to adopt all kinds of containment measures. It has also been told that apart from Omicron, there are already cases of Delta variants.
- To prevent the increasing cases of corona, emphasis has also been laid on changing the methods of testing and surveillance. In which it has been said that door-to-door testing and tracing can be done. So that the corona infected can be identified.
- States have also been instructed to send cluster infection samples to the INSACOG lab for genome sequencing at the earliest. Apart from this, it has been said that try to meet the target of 100% vaccination.
- On behalf of the Center, the states have been asked to use the emergency fund for essential medical equipment and oxygen, hospital beds, medicines etc.
- For testing and surveillance, the Center has referred to door-to-door case search, contact tracing of all COVID-positive persons, especially those who have returned from abroad.
- Strict home isolation rules.
- Ensure 100% vaccination and prioritization of those who have not got a job for the first time.
- Regular press briefings to avoid misinformation.
- The Center said that district authorities should conduct regular reviews with field officers to control the spread of COVID-19 and flatten the curve.