Ground Report | New Delhi: How to Book free Ayodhya Train; Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Wednesday that the first train to Ayodhya will leave on December 3 under the Delhi government’s free pilgrimage scheme. “Our first train to Ayodhya will leave on December 3, registrations have started,” he said on Tuesday. At least 1,000 people will leave for Ayodhya on the train.
Delhi President Kamal Bansal said, “There is a great demand from senior citizens for the pilgrimage scheme. We are getting a large number of applications for pilgrimage to various places including Ayodhya. Pilgrims from other places will be sent after the preparations are completed.” ” Pilgrimage Development Committee of Govt.
- The applicant/spouse must be a resident of the territorial jurisdiction of the National Capital Territory of Delhi.
- The applicant should have completed 60 years of age (as on 1st January of the year in which the application for availing the benefits of the scheme is submitted)
- The applicant/spouse should not be working in the Central/State Government or Local/Autonomous Bodies.
- The applicant/spouse must have never taken advantage of this scheme in the past.
- The age of the attendant should be more than 21 years (if the attendant is to be selected)
Mandatory Documents Required:
- Application in the prescribed form along with self-declaration
- Self-attested copy of medical certificate mentioning applicant/spouse is mentally/physically fit to undertake the proposed journey.
- Self attested copy of Delhi Voter ID card. (for applicant/spouse)
- self declaration.
- Copy of the certificate for the residence of the MLA of his constituency or any Minister of GNCT of Delhi or Chairman of Tirath Yatra Vikas Samiti GNCT of Delhi.
Documents to be attached with the application form:
- Voter ID card of applicant, spouse and attendant
- One passport size color photograph of the applicant (size 5cm x 4.5cm or 2”x1.75)
How to Book free Ayodhya Train?
- Step 1: Log on to the e-district portal https://edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in/.
- Step 2: On the homepage of the website, click on the section “Registration in e-District Delhi” and click on “New User”.
- Step 3: Select “Aadhaar Card” or “Voters Card” and enter its number
- Step 4: Click on the option “Click to continue”. a form will appear
- Step 5: Fill the form and upload the scanned photograph of required documents
- Step 6: Submit the application form and remember your registration ID and password
- Step 7: Now login to the site and apply for Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra Yojana