The Delhi government announced on Wednesday that it will extend a ban on making, storing, selling and exploding firecrackers this Diwali. The ban will continue until January 1, 2023, said Environment Minister Gopal Rai. He said strict action will be taken against those who violate the ban. Rai said the ban extends to the online sale of firecrackers.
“Production, storage, sale and use of all types of firecrackers are being completely banned so that people’s lives can be saved,” Rai tweeted.
The restriction will remain in force until January 1, 2023. “Online sale/delivery of firecrackers will also be prohibited in Delhi this time. The restriction will remain in force until January 1, 2023,” it said.
Rai said an action plan will be drawn up with the Delhi Police, the Delhi Pollution Control Committee and the Department of Revenue to ensure strict enforcement of the ban.
Rai said an action plan will be drawn up with the Delhi Police, the Delhi Pollution Control Committee and the Department of Revenue to ensure strict enforcement of the ban. Last year, the Delhi government ordered a complete ban on the sale and explosion of firecrackers in the national capital from September 28 to January 1, 2022.
The Delhi government also banned the sale and use of firecrackers last Diwali due to concerns about alarming levels of air pollution.
Apart from firecrackers, air pollution in Delhi during the Diwali period is made worse by stubble burning, a controversial practice, in neighboring states like Haryana and Punjab.
- Atul Kulkarni’s old tweet “What makes you think I am a Hindu” is on trolls target
- Gurez valley: The hidden jewel of Kashmir
- How climate change is affecting birds?
- India bringing African cheetahs to Kuno Sanctuary in MP but Why?
- Namibia desperate to legalize Ivory trade, asked India to support in exchange of cheetahs