Ground Report | New Delhi: Agricultural laws Key points; Addressing the nation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced the withdrawal of all three controversial agriculture laws. Farmers across the country have been protesting for more than a year demanding the repeal of all three agricultural laws.
Agricultural laws Key points
Rakesh Tikait, leader of the Bharatiya Kisan Union, who was the leader of the movement against the three agricultural laws, tweeted on PM Modi’s announcement, saying, “The movement will not return immediately, we will wait for the day when agricultural laws will be repealed in Parliament.” Along with MSP, the government should also discuss other issues of farmers.
Punjab Congress chief Navjot Singh Sidhu tweeted, “Repealing of black laws a step in the right direction …. Satyagrah of Kisan morcha gets historic success…. You’re sacrifice has paid dividends…. Revival of farming in Punjab through a road map should be the top priority for the Pb govt ….accolades”.
“Great news! Thankful to PM @narendramodi ji for acceding to the demands of every punjabi & repealing the 3 black laws on the pious occasion of #GuruNanakJayanti. I am sure the central govt will continue to work in tandem for the development of Kisani! #NoFarmers_NoFood,” Captain Singh tweeted.
Aam Aadmi Party chief Arvind Kejriwal said the “martyrdom” of “over 700 farmers” who died during the protests will always be remembered. “The coming generations will remember how the farmers of my country risked their lives to protect farmers and farming,” he said.
Here are the key points of his address:
- I have seen farmers struggle very closely. We have given importance to the welfare of the framer. 80 out of 100 are very small scale farmers. Most of the farmers have less than 2 hectares of land.
- The government is providing good quality seeds to the farmers. Farmers can now easily claim loss.
- Farmers are now getting the right price for their produce. In the process, we have strengthened the infrastructure of agriculture.
- Budget allocation on farmers has been increased by 5 times. The government is working to improve the economic condition of the farmers.
- Our agricultural laws are to strengthen small farmers. We discussed agricultural laws in Parliament. Despite several attempts to explain the benefits to the farmers, we have been unsuccessful. On the occasion of Guru Parv, the government has decided to repeal three agricultural laws.