Ground Report | New Delhi: Schools reopening; In view of the reduction in corona cases, the Delhi government has decided to open schools in a phased manner. Schools will reopen from September 1 for students of classes 9 to 12, while students of classes 6 to 8 will go to school from September 8.
According to news agency ANI, Delhi Education Minister Manish Sisodia said that no student will be forced to come to school.
Sisodia said, “The consent of the parents will be required for the students to come to the school. If someone’s parents do not give permission, he will not be forced to come to school and he will not be considered as absent.
ALSO READ: 21% of India is under threat of drought
|Name of the Event||Date|
|Delhi Schools to reopen for classes 9 to 12||September 1, 2021|
|Delhi School reopening for middle school or classes 6 to 8||September 8, 2021|
|Colleges, Coaching Institutes to reopen in Delhi||September 1, 2021|
The reopening of Delhi schools took so long because the government wanted to first assess the experience of other states and then decide to reopen the schools. For this the expert committee collected reports from the states where schools had reopened and analyzed the experience.
- Delhi schools for classes 9 to 12 will reopen along with colleges and coaching institutes from September 1.
- All COVID-19 safety protocols have to be followed. This means that wherever educational institutions reopen, maintaining social distancing is of paramount importance.
- Students wishing to attend schools have to take permission of their parents to attend schools.
- Attendance is not mandatory.
- 98% of teachers and staff have been given at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
List of all the states
- Uttar Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu