Ground Report | New Delhi: China released new videos of Galwan; Chinese online handles have released footage of violent clashes between Indian and Chinese soldiers in Galwan Valley in June last year. India and China a few hours on the part of the joint statement issued on Monday after these visuals have surfaced.
China released new videos of Galwan
In this video of about 48 seconds, it is seen that Indian soldiers are taking the front in the freezing water of the Galwan river and giving a befitting reply to the stone-pelting of the Chinese army. In this video, the face-to-face battle between the soldiers of both countries is also visible
It has been said in the joint statement that they will continue the commander-level military talks to reduce the tension in eastern Ladakh. This violent clash between the soldiers of India and China on June 15 last year was considered the deadliest conflict since the 1962 war. In the footage, Chinese soldiers can be seen pelting stones at Indian soldiers from a height at the turn of the Galwan river.
In the clip, some Chinese soldiers can be seen floating in the river, and soldiers from both sides are also seen gathering. The Indian side had officially stated that 20 of its soldiers/officers had lost their lives in the violent clash.
12th round talks
The 12th round of military talks between India and China was held on Saturday to resolve the Ladakh standoff, in which both sides agreed to resolve all pending issues. However, even after nine hours of talks, no major ‘movement’ has emerged like the retreat of troops at the remaining friction points along the border like Hot Springs and Gogra.
In a joint statement issued by the army, it has been said that there was a deep and frank exchange of views between the two sides and this has enhanced mutual understanding between the two sides. India reiterated that Depsang, Hot Springs, and The resolution of issues like Gogra is very important in terms of relations between the two countries.
Top commanders of the Indian and Chinese armies on Saturday held a nine-hour meeting with a focus on the disengagement process in the remaining friction points in eastern Ladakh.
“The two sides held a frank and in-depth exchange of views on the resolution of the remaining areas related to the disintegration along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the western sector of the India-China border areas,” the statement said.
Restoration of peace in eastern Ladakh
The latest round of talks between India’s Foreign Minister S Jaishankar and his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit on July 14.
External Affairs Minister Jaishankar had categorically told his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi during an hour-long meeting on the sidelines of a Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit in Dushanbe that any unilateral change in the status quo on the Line of Actual Control India is ‘not acceptable’ and relations can develop holistically only after the complete restoration of peace in eastern Ladakh.