Ground Report | New Delhi: What’s open and closed in Punjab; Amidst the rising corona infection, the Punjab government has ordered the closure of all educational institutions in the state. Apart from this, curfew is being imposed in the state from 10 pm to 5 am.
During this section 144 will be imposed and orders have been given from the police administration to implement it strictly.
All stadiums, sports complexes and gyms in the state will also remain closed for the general public. In these, only players participating in national and international competitions will be allowed to go. Under no circumstances will any darshan or common visitor be able to go here.
ALSO READ: China is building a bridge over Pangong Lake
What’s open and closed in Punjab
- Movement of individuals for all the non-essential activities shall remain prohibited between 10.00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m. within municipal limits of all the cities and towns of Punjab.
- Essential activities including operation of multiple shifts in industry, offices, etc. (both Government and private), movement of persons and goods on National and State Highways, and unloading of cargo and travel of persons to their destinations after disembarking from buses, trains, and aeroplanes will be permitted.
- All Educational Institutions including schools, colleges, universities, coaching institutions etc. shall remain closed.
- All Sports Complexes, stadia, swimming pools, Gyms shall remain closed.
- Sports Complexes used for training of sportspersons for participation in National/International sports events as well as for organizing National/International sports events will remain open. No Spectators or visitors are to be allowed.
- AC buses will run at 50% of capacity.
- Only fully vaccinated staff will be allowed to attend the Government as well as Private Offices, working spaces, factories, industries, etc.
Haryana: In view of the increasing cases of corona in Haryana, the state government has announced winter vacation in schools for the time being. Under this, schools are closed till 12 January 2022.
Uttar Pradesh: Schools in UP have been closed for the time being in view of the cold weather and the increasing cases of omicron variants of the coronavirus. The state government has directed schools up to class VIII to remain closed from December 31 to January 14, 2022.
Rajasthan: Similarly in Rajasthan also the state government closed all the schools for class 8 till January 9. These instructions are applicable to all schools. Here also class 9 students can come to school with the permission of their parents.
Bihar: In view of the increasing cases of corona in Bihar, precaution is being taken in schools. Here the schools of classes one to eight have been closed till January 8.