Home » Vaccine policy changed for the third time in two months

Vaccine policy changed for the third time in two months

Vaccination after 9 months covid19 recovery: Covishield Corona Vaccine Price: Serum Institute of India
Sharing is Important
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Supreme Court had also said that the price of the vaccine would be uniform across the country

Ground Report | New Delhi: The Central Government has changed its vaccine policy for the third time in the last two months. The government has talked about providing free vaccines to the states for all above 18 years from June 21. Prime Minister Modi addressed the country and informed about these changes made in the vaccine policy. 

He said that the central government will now purchase 75 percent of the total vaccine manufactured in the country, the private sector will be able to purchase the remaining 25 percent of the vaccine. Till April, the central government was providing the vaccine to the states and the private sector by taking the vaccine from all the manufacturers.

ALSO READ: Why there is sudden increase of security forces in North Kashmir?

At the end of April, while changing the policy, the Center had said to purchase half-and-half of the vaccine for the Center and the state. But according to the government’s affidavit given in the Supreme Court later, in reality, this formula was 50-25 percent procurement for the Centre-state and private sector respectively. After the policy change for the third time on Monday, now the vaccine procurement formula will be 75-25 for the central government and the private sector.

READ:  How brain drain in health sector causing damage to India?

Last week, while hearing a case related to the vaccine, the court had called the Centre’s vaccination policy arbitrary and irrational. Earlier, the Supreme Court had also said that the price of the vaccine would be uniform across the country. But last week criticizing the Centre’s vaccination policy, it said courts cannot remain silent spectators.

ALSO READ: ‘Something Big is going to happen in Kashmir’ Rumours in the air

The Supreme Court had also sought a detailed report from the Center on the vaccination policy and also asked how often the vaccine has been purchased. And for this, it was also asked to give an account of the expenditure incurred so far out of Rs. It was also asked why this budget cannot be used for citizens of 18-44 age group. The Center was given 2 weeks to answer all these questions.

READ:  These are the 10 Poorest states in India

You can connect with Ground Report on FacebookTwitter, and Whatsapp, and mail us at GReport2018@gmail.com to send us your suggestions and writeups

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.