The Indian Computer Emergency Response Team(CEIRT-IN or ICERT) has identified some major vulnerabilities in the Google Chrome desktop browser. The agency assigned the threat “Severity rating” “HIGH”. The agency has identified versions that are affected by numerous shortcomings, as well as providing a solution that should be followed immediately.
CERT-In issued advisor “a cybersecurity agency that comes under the Union Ministry of Electronics and Technology — has highlighted 25 “high severity” vulnerabilities that could be exploited by malicious actors and has advised users to update to Google Chrome version 101.0.4951.41.
“Multiple vulnerabilities have been reported in Google Chrome, which could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code, obtain sensitive information, bypass security restrictions and cause a buffer overflow on the targeted system,” CERT-In said in the note.
CERT-In has identified numerous vulnerabilities in Google Chrome. These shortcomings can be used to enable a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code and also obtain confidential information in the process. The hacker will be able to bypass security restrictions and cause the buffer of the target system to overflow.
The agency claims that these vulnerabilities exist in Google Chrome due to free post-use in Vulkan, SwiftShader, ANGLE, Device API, Sharin System API, Ozone, Browser Switcher, Bookmarks, Dev Tools, and File Manager; Incorrect implementation in We Extensions API, Input, HTML Parser, Web Authentication and iframe; Stack Buffer Overflow in WebGPU and Web UI Set Confusion in V8; No memory access in UI Shelf; Insufficient data validation in Blink Editing, Trusted Type Tools; Incorrect download security interface.
How to update Chrome to latest version
- open chrome
- Go to the right corner and click on the three horizontal dots
- You will get a drop-down menu.
- In that menu look for the settings option
- Once you enter the settings, you need to click Help and then About Google Chrome
- Chrome should download any pending updates
- Once installed, you may need to close your browser and reopen it.
- How Many Indians left in Ukraine, what govt. doing for their safety?
- At least 40 killed in first hour of Russian invasion: Ukraine
- Ukraine and Russia: History of conflict
- Russia attacks Ukraine: what happened in the last few hours?
- Ukraine claims downed five Russian planes, helicopter
- How Russian sniper Irina Starikova was captured in Ukraine?