Ground Report | New Delhi: How to register for UP free Laptop Scheme; Yogi Adityanath’s government in Uttar Pradesh recently announced Free Laptop Scheme 2021 for meritorious students. Students of class 10th and 12th can apply for Free Laptop Scheme 2021. The state government will start the distribution of laptops to more than 20 lakh youth.
The UP government has fixed a budget of Rs 1800 crore for this scheme. The scheme, announced by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, aims to promote the use of digital technology among meritorious students but does not have sufficient means to do so.
How to register for UP free Laptop Scheme
- Step 1: Visit the official website – up.gov.in
- Step 2: Click on ‘Apply Online’ which will redirect you to the webpage of the scheme.
- Step 3: Enter the required details in the form and upload your documents
- Step 4: Submit the form
- Step 5: Take a printout of your application form for future use.
- Residential Qualification– The student applying for the scheme must be a permanent resident of the state of Uttar Pradesh. He must also have a domicile supporting it.
- Educational Qualification– Applying students should have topper level marks in class 10th and 12th.
- Qualifying Board– The student applying for the scheme must have passed out from Uttar Pradesh (UP) board.
- Other Educational Requirements– Apart from pre-matric and post-matric students, the government is also including students studying under ITI or polytechnic courses program to apply for the scheme.
- Percentage Requirements– The process of selecting the students who will get the laptop will be totally based on the merit generated. This merit will include all the students who will apply for the scheme. Based on that laptops will be given to the high ranking students. However, the general criterion would still be to obtain more than 70% marks from 65% in your last class.
Documents Required for UP Free Laptop Scheme:
- Aadhar card
- 10th or 12th class mark sheet
- bonafide certificate
- Residence proof
- one photo