Ground Report | New Delhi: These are the 10 oldest schools in India; We can get self-knowledge from anywhere. Man’s intelligence lies in his conscience which helps him to move from ignorance to light. In fact, this wisdom is achieved only through the education imparted by the school.
School is such a center of learning that enables the students to create opportunities for themselves and make their presence felt in society. A school where we can carry out our academic pursuits and other relevant activities in a more dedicated learning environment. Now we are going to talk about 10 oldest boarding schools in India.
ALSO READ: These are the 10 oldest companies in India
These are the 10 oldest schools in India
St. George’s School, Chennai
St George’s School is the oldest school in India. This school was established in the year 1715 as an orphanage for military men. It is also one of the oldest schools in the world.
- Founded: 1715
- Motto: Trust in God and do the right thing
- Affiliation: Anglo Indian Board for Secondary Education
- Address: 738, EVR Road, New Bupati Nagar, Shenoy Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600030
Bishop Heber Higher Secondary School, Trichy
- Bishop Heber School was developed by Lord Walsh.
- Founded: 1762
- Address: W Blvd Rd, Singarathope, Tharanallur, Teppakulam, T.N – 620002
St.Johns Vestry Anglo Indian School, Trichy
- This is one of the oldest school. It is in the state of Tamil Nadu. This is a co-educational day school.
- Founded: 1763
- Address: McDonalds Rd, Near Sangam Hotel, Cantonment, Tiruchirappalli 620001
ALSO READ: These are the 10 Poorest states in India
St. Thomas’ School, Kolkata
- Founded: 1789
- School board: Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations.
- Motto: Latin: Nisi Dominus Frustra; (Except the Lord, effort in Vain)
- Address: 4 Diamond Harbour Road, Kidderpore, Kolkata, 700 023, India
Hooghly Collegiate School
- Founded: 1812
- Affiliation: WBBSE & WBCHSE
- Address: College Road, Ghatakpara, Chinsurah R S, Chinsurah, W.B – 712101
Christ Church School
- Established: 1815
- Address: Clare Road, Byculla, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400008
ALSO READ: These are the 10 richest states in India
Hindu School, Kolkata
- Affiliations: Department of Higher Education, Government of WB
- Founded: 20 January 1817
- Address: 1-B, Bankim Chatterjee St, College Square West, Kolkata, 700073
- Affiliations: WBSE, West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education
- Founded: 1818
- Address: 87, College St, Calcutta University, College Square, Kolkata 700073
St. Paul’s School, Darjeeling
- Founded: 1st May 1823
- Affiliations: CISCE
- Address: Jalapahar, Darjeeling 734103
International French School Pondicherry
- Founded: 1826
- Affiliation: University of Rennes
- Address: 12, Victor Simonel St, White Town, Puducherry, 605001