Prize money for 2021 T20 world cup has been announced. Winner will get $1.6 million and runner-up will get 800,000 dollars. The two losing semi-finalists will be rewarded a prize money of $400,000 each.
Prize money breakup for T20 World cup 2021
- $5.6 million will be allocated for the tournament which will be shared by all the 16 participating teams.
- Winner $1.6 Million
- Runner up $800,000
- 2 Losing semi finalist $400,000 each
- The victors during all the 30 matches during the Super 12 stage will take home an amount of $40,000 — amounting to a total pot of $1,200,000.
- The teams which get knocked out in the Super 12 stage will be awarded $70,000 each, amounting to a total sum of $560,000.
- The four teams which get knocked out during round one will get $40,000 each from an overall prize pool of $160,000.
All you need to know about T20 world cup 2021
- Starting on 17 October at the Oman Cricket Academy Ground, it will finish on 14 November in Dubai.
Sri Lanka, Ireland, Netherlands, Namibia
Bangladesh, Scotland, Papua New Guinea, Oman
The event kicks off with a Round 1, Group B match between co-hosts Oman and Papua New Guinea at Oman Cricket Academy Ground in Al Amerat. Later that day, Group B opponents Bangladesh and Scotland begin their campaign against one another at the same venue.
Group A begins the following day in Abu Dhabi, with Ireland and Netherlands playing the afternoon match, and Sri Lanka and Namibia the evening encounter.
- Round 1 will finish on 22 october
- Super 12 stage commences: 23 October it will conclude on 8th november.
- Semi-finals will take place on 10 November and 11 November.
- Final will be held on 14th November.
You can connect with Ground Report on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Whatsapp. For suggestions and writeups mail us at GReport2018@gmail.com