Ground Report | New Delhi: Shivaji Maharaj rare facts; New Delhi: On the birth anniversary of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, netizens lauded the great Maratha warrior. It is celebrated on 19 February. He was a member of the Bhonsle dynasty of the Marathas. He was formally crowned as the Chhatrapati (King) of his territory at Raigad in 1674.
Born on February 19, 1630 at Shivneri Durg in Pune to Jijabai and Shahaji Bhonsle, Shivaji Raje Bhonsle or Shivaji is considered the greatest warrior king of the Maratha Empire. Every year, on February 19, “Shiv Jayanti” is celebrated with great enthusiasm in Maharashtra and other parts of the country to mark the birth anniversary of the Maratha king.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji is said to have invented military strategy and pioneered unconventional methods.
- At the same time he revived ancient Hindu political traditions and court traditions. Also, he promoted the use of Marathi and Sanskrit, and not Persian, in court and administration.
- On the birth anniversary of the great Maratha warrior, Twitter is full of wishes, quotes and messages.
- Shivaji Maharaj was the first to understand the importance of having a naval force and thus is known as the father of the Indian Navy.
- He established a navy and forts on the coast to protect Maharashtra from the Konkan side. Jaigarh, Vijaydurg, Sindhudurg forts are evidence of Shivaji’s efforts, ideas and valor.
- It is said that his mother prayed to the regional goddess Shivai and was blessed with a child and hence the name Shivaji was given to the great Maratha ruler.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu paid tributes to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on his birth anniversary. Paying homage to the great Maratha king, the Prime Minister said that his outstanding leadership and emphasis on social welfare has been inspiring people for generations.
“I bow to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on his Jayanti. His outstanding leadership and emphasis on social welfare has been inspiring people for generations. He was uncompromising when it came to standing up for values of truth and justice. We are committed to fulfilling his vision,” Modi tweeted.
Also taking to Twitter, the Vice President said: “My tributes to legendary Maratha warrior king, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj on his birth anniversary. Known for his undaunted courage and exceptional warfare strategies, Shivaji Maharaj was a ruler ahead of his time. His love for our motherland continues to inspire every Indian.”
ALSO READ: What is Tamil Wordle, Why is it trending?