SEBI Grade A 2020 exam conducts recruitment for various posts at the Securities and Exchange Board of India. This year the exam authority will conduct recruitment for 147 vacancies for the post of the Assistant Manager. Candidates can visit the official website to apply online. The SEBI Grade A exam is however postponed due to the pandemic. The last date for filling the application form has been extended further to 31st October 2020. The SEBI Board will reveal new dates for SEBI Grade A Prelim Exam 2020 soon. Here we will share the details about the exam for aspirants who are planning to take the exam.
SEBI Grade A Exam – An In-depth Details
SEBI Grade A Examination offers various job roles with the Securities and Exchange Board. Mentioned below are some of the details about the exam which will help aspirants to plan accordingly.
SEBI Grade A: Eligibility Criteria
SEBI Grade A has some essential criteria for eligibility in educational qualification and age limit. Additionally, only two streams can be applied by any candidate. Here are some Educational criteria and Age limit of respective streams.
Explained: How the new Consumer Protection Act 2019 will benefit you
General Profiles – Educational Criteria: Masters degree in any subject or a Bachelor’s degree in law or engineering or CA/CS/CFA/Cost and Work Accountant. Age Limit: Maximum age is 30 years, which means the candidates should not be born before or on the date of 1st March 1990.
Legal – Educational Criteria: Bachelor’s Degree in Law from any recognized Institute. Age Limit: Maximum age is 30 years, which means the candidates should not be born before or on the date of 1st March 1990.
Educational Criteria: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Masters in Computer Application or Bachelor’s Degree with Postgraduate qualification in IT. Age Limit: Maximum age is 30 years, which means the candidates should not be born before or on the date of 1st March 1990.
Educational Criteria: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from any recognized University. Age Limit: Maximum age is 30 years, which means the candidates should not be born before or on the date of 1st March 1990.
Educational Criteria: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from any recognized University. Age Limit: Maximum age is 30 years, which means the candidates should not be born before or on the date of 1st March 1990.
Research – Educational Criteria
Masters Degree in Statistics / Economics / Finance / Commerce / Econometrics. Age Limit: Maximum age is 30 years, which means the candidates should not be born before or on the date of 1st March 1990.
Educational Criteria: Master’s Degree in Hindi with English at the Bachelor’s level or Master’s level in Sanskrit/ English/ Commerce/ Economics. Age Limit: Maximum age is 30 years, which means the candidates should not be born before or on the date of 1st March 1990.
SEBI Grade A – Age Limit
ALSO READ : 5 tips by Sumeet Jindal on how to run successful campaign on Twitter
SEBI Grade A: Application Process
Check the application process for SEBI Grade A exam:
● Visit the official and original website of SEBI, i.e., https://www.sebi.gov.in/
● Click on the link given by “Careers.”
● Open the Recruitment Notification
● Click on the button of “Apply Online.”
● Click on “new registration.”
● Enter all the necessary details
● Now the Registration Number and Password will be developed and displayed on your screen.
● Note down the Registration Number and Password
● An Email & SMS will be provided to give you your Registration Number and Password.
● Check if every detail entered is correct or not.
● Now click on “save and next.”
● After analyzing all your mistakes, click on the “Final Submit button.”
● If any of the details given are wrong or invalid, it will lead to the disqualification of the candidature.
● Validate the details and click on “Validate your details” and further click on “save and next.”
● Now upload Photo, Sign, LTI, and Handwriting declaration.
● To preview the whole application form, click on the Preview Tab.
● Now, after verifying, click on “final submit.”
● Proceed to payment, and after it is done, click on the “SUBMIT” button.
SEBI Grade A: Application Fees
The payment of Application fees for a candidate can be made using Credit cards, Debit cards, Net Banking, Mobile Wallets, etc. One can pay the fees Online. You will receive an E-receipt after the successful payment of Application fees of SEBI Grade A for UR/OBC/EWS are 1000 INR. Application fees for SC/ST/PwBD are 100 INR.
Preparation Tips for SEBI Grade A 2020
Paper 1 of SEBI Grade A Examination has the following four concerned sections:
General Awareness Preparation
Read newspapers. Cover important news sections of the last eight months. Take a current affairs mock test for 30-45 minutes. Be updated on SEBI news and many schemes. Revise and revise for better results
English Language Preparation
Practice high school grammar. Be thorough with concepts in an effortless manner. Read novels, magazines, etc. Also, enhance vocabulary and avoid grammatical mistakes.
Quantitative Aptitude Preparation
Arithmetic is essential for cracking this section. The 1-hour practice of quantitative aptitude on a daily basis is a must. Solve problems based on essential topics like P&C, Time-speed-distance, SI and CI, etc. Data interpretation is important also to analyze mock tests and keep track of your growth.
Reasoning Ability Preparation
Solve puzzles and develop skills like logical and analytical. Practice easy topics daily. Practice mock tests for enhanced results.
For Paper 2 of SEBI Grade, A 2020 Examination, here are some tips for preparation
● Be clear with the concept don’t mug up things
● Keep a habit of making notes
● Use books that have easy language for better understanding
● Be confident by being updated with current affairs and news
● Take mock tests
● Track your growth
We hope the in-depth details about the SEBI Grade A exam mentioned above will be beneficial for the students who are thinking about taking the exam in future.
You can connect with Ground Report on Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp, and mail us at GReport2018@gmail.com to send us your suggestions and writeups.