The Punjab government has said that schools will be opened for students from 9th to 12th in the state from October 19. Quoting Punjab Education Minister Vijay Inder Singla, the news agency ANI has reported that the schools will be opened only in those areas which are not in the Containment Zone.
Punjab’s Ministry of Home Affairs has issued new guidelines for the reopening of schools. In addition, special guidelines have also been issued by the Department of Education to ensure the safety of students.
Education Minister Vijay Inder Singla informed that detailed guidelines issued for the reopening of schools have also been sent to the district education authorities.
Also, the school administration has also been fully alerted in this regard so that when classes begin, parents feel safe while sending their children to school.
He said, “There are online classes in schools and some students want to take online classes at home instead of coming to school. They will be allowed to do so. Those students will be able to come to school and take classes which their parents Written permission from. “
Punjab has announced the date for the reopening of schools but there is still no decision on opening theaters and multiplexes there.
Cinema halls and multiplexes were opened on Thursday in many states. However, the audience has been allowed to sit only on 50% seats in theaters.
Punjab School Reopening: SOPs to be followed
- The parents would be asked to also ensure that their ward going to school must wear a mask and made them aware not to exchange masks with others. The government has also urged the parents to encourage their wards to wear full-sleeved clothes to minimize the interaction with any public surface.
- In case of higher strength of students, the school and social distancing norms would not be maintainable, then the School Head/ Management may take a decision whether or not to hold the classes in two shifts or call the students at alternate days, at their own level.
- Singla said, “ the staff and students belonging to containment zones shall not attend the school and other educational institutions. The authorities will also ensure foot-operated hand washing facilities in the schools and ensure availability of key supplies like contactless thermometers, disinfectants, soaps, etc and arrange for the availability of these essentials.” He added that they will also ensure sanitization of school transport before plying and also ensure social distancing while transportation of students.
- The schools have been asked to mark the seats in classrooms ensuring a distance of a minimum of 6 feet and similarly, social distancing shall also be maintained in the staffrooms, office area, hostels, and other places of public interaction.
- Schools would also ensure the installation of posters/messages/stickers and signage at appropriate places reminding students about maintaining social distancing.