In Madhya Pradesh, the government bears the cost of Higher education for economically backward children who get good marks in class XII. Under the meritorious scheme MMVY (Mukhyamantri Medhavi Vidhyarthi Yojana), the government bears the entire fees of government college and up to 1 lakh 50 thousand fees of a private college, for the children of parents having an annual income of fewer than 6 lakhs. Some changes have been made to this scheme.
Changes in Mukhyamantri Medhavi Vidhyarthi Yojana MMVY
Earlier, under this scheme, an income certificate was sought from the parents every year. Suppose the annual income of the parents is less than 6 lakhs in the first year, then the child used to get the benefit of the meritorious scheme.
In the second year, those earning up to Rs 7,50 lakh used to get the benefit. But if it exceeded this, they were removed from the plan. But now it will not happen. The government will pay the fees till the students complete their studies.
Eligibility for Mukhyamantri Medhavi Vidhyarthi Yojana MMVY
- Students who have secured more than 70 percent marks in 12th from MP Board, 85 percent marks from CBSE and ICSE are eligible for this scheme.
- The annual income of the parents should be less than 6 lakhs.
- For this scheme, the student also has to give a domicile certificate. Only the students of Madhya Pradesh get this benefit.
- Students of polytechnic and e pharma will also get the benefit of the scheme on lateral entry in the second year.
- Students securing ranks up to 50,000 in NEET and CLAT exams will be ranked separately and given benefits.
- Students with a rank under 1,50,000 in JEE Mains.
How to Apply for MMVY Scholarship?
Students willing to apply for the MMVY scholarship should register on http://www.scholarshipportal.mp.nic.in
After Registration, you need to provide the following documents-
- 10th 12th Mark sheet
- Copy of Aadhar Card
- Passport size photograph
- Domicile Certificate of MP
- Admission Form
- Income Certificate of parents
- Bank details
After providing the correct information you can download your form.
The government bears the entire fees of such students of government colleges and up to 1.50 lakhs of private colleges.
This scheme helps the financially weak meritorious students to continue their further studies. Its aim is to help meritorious students.