Home » Ronaldo pay £300,000 to silence woman who accused him of rape

Ronaldo pay £300,000 to silence woman who accused him of rape

Ronaldo pay £300,000
Sharing is Important
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Ground Report | New Delhi: Ronaldo pay £300,000; Cristiano Ronaldo’s lawyers have said for the first time that the footballer paid €375,000 to a woman accused of rape to settle charges leveled in 2009. Katherine Mayorga filed a lawsuit last year in a state court that quashed the settlement on the condition that Ronaldo and his legal team took advantage of her fragile emotional state, accusing her of sexual assault It was when they met at night. Las Vegas.

ALSO READ: 73% of world’s population fear being close to a climate point of no return

The Juventus footballer denied the allegations and no criminal charges were filed after Las Vegas prosecutors decided they “could not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt”. Ronaldo’s lawyers have claimed the pair had consensual sex in June 2009, and have accused Ms. Mayorga of attempted extortion from the Portuguese footballer. Mayorga’s legal team sued for the same invalidity in federal court, seeking monetary damages of at least £165,000.

Ronaldo pay £300,000

In a motion filed by Ronaldo’s lawyers on Friday, they accept a payment of €375,000 that was made to Ms Mayorga “to maintain the confidentiality of their dispute”. Ronaldo is arguing that the Nevada borders statuette and the signed confidentiality agreement should quash his claims, and that he has failed to present sufficient evidence on the claim that she had no doubts about his emotional state in the weeks following the alleged. I lack the mental capacity to agree to terms. accident.

READ:  Minor girl alleges rape by 28, Including Father in UP

ALSO READ: High risk of climate change: 33 countries, including India in list

Earlier this month, Ronaldo lost a bid for dismissal or complete secrecy. Lawyer Larissa Drohobeiser, representing Ms Mayorga, said she was satisfied with US District Judge Jennifer Dorsey’s ruling in Las Vegas on August 2. Peter Christiansen, who represented Juventus and the Portugal player, declined to comment.

United confirmed on Friday evening that they have reached a deal with Juventus to re-sign the 36-year-old sensation, provided he agrees to medical and personal terms. The deal marks a major step towards being completed at a faster rate of knots, with Portugal international seemingly destined to sign for Manchester City just hours earlier.

READ:  Reporting truth being criminalised in J&K: Mehbooba Mufti

But after discussions with former United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, Ronaldo has now settled on a return to Old Trafford – 12 years after leaving the club to join Spanish giants Real Madrid.

The Story was first published in 2019

You can connect with Ground Report on FacebookTwitter, and Whatsapp, and mail us at GReport2018@gmail.com to send us your suggestions and writeups