NDTV India Senior Executive Editor Ravish Kumar has resigned. Making the announcement, the channel indicated in an internal email, the resignation is effective immediately.
The mail reads “Ravish has resigned from NDTV and the company has agreed to his request for his resignation to be effective immediately”.
“Few journalists have impacted people as much as Ravish. This is reflected in the immense feedback about him: in the ‘crowds he draws everywhere; in the prestigious awards and recognitions he has received, within India and internationally,” the Mail reads.
“Ravish has been an integral part of NDTV for decades: his contribution has been immense, and we know he will be successful as he embarks on a new beginning,” it stated.
Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy resigned
- Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy resigned as Directors of RRPR Holding Private Limited.
- Sudipta Bhattacharya, Sanjay Puglia and Senthil Chengalvarayan have been appointed as the new directors of the promoter group.
- These changes have taken place in the promoter group RRPR Holding Private Limited, Prannoy Roy is currently the Executive Co-Chairperson of NDTV.
- Adani Group preparing to take over NDTV has made an open offer to buy an additional 26 % stake in NDTV.
Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy resigned as directors of RRPR Holding Private Limited. This company is the promoter group vehicle of NDTV.
In a letter written to the Bombay Stock Exchange on Tuesday, NDTV said, “The promoter group of NDTV, RRPR (Radhika Roy Prannoy Roy) Holding Pvt Ltd, has informed that it has been decided in the meeting of the Board of Directors to be held today, November 29, that Sudipta Bhattacharya, Sanjay Puglia and Senthil Chengalvarayan will be the new Directors on the Board of RRPRH with immediate effect and Dr. Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy have resigned from the Board of Directors of RRPRH with immediate effect.”
It is important to know that all these changes have happened to NDTV’s promoter group company, although according to NDTV, Prannoy Roy and his wife Radhika Roy are the executive co-chairpersons of NDTV.
- Sarbal Village: A hamlet in Kashmir waiting for development
- How are ‘Ramsar sites’ important to conserving wetlands?
- Explained: What are Wetlands and Why are they important?
- Delhi to notify 10 Water Bodies as wetlands, How this helps?
Follow Ground Report for Climate Change and Under-Reported issues in India. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Koo App, Instagram, Whatsapp and YouTube. Write us on GReport2018@gmail.com