Home » Raj Kundra will remain in jail, High Court rejects release petition

Raj Kundra will remain in jail, High Court rejects release petition

Pornography case: Raj Kundra gets bail
Sharing is Important
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Ground Report | New Delhi: Raj Kundra will remain in jail; The Bombay High Court has dismissed a petition seeking immediate release of businessman and Shilpa Shetty’s husband Raj Kundra from judicial custody. Kundra, arrested last month, had challenged a remand order issued against him by a magistrate’s court, saying he was neither informed nor summoned before his arrest as required under the Code of Criminal Procedure.

According to the Live Law website, the High Court said that there was nothing wrong with the order of the Magistrate Court. Dismissing his plea, Justice AS Gadkari said his remand and subsequent judicial custody were in accordance with law and there was no need for interference.

ALSO READ: Porn Platform of Shilpa Shetty’s husband Raj Kundra

Raj Kundra will remain in jail

Kundra along with one of his associates was arrested on July 19 for being involved in making porn. However, Kundra has argued that the material in question was not pornography and similar material is available on OTT platforms.

READ:  Top 5 Hackers of the world

In February 2021, the Crime Branch had registered a case of making obscene films in Mumbai and showing them on some apps. Crime Branch further said that Raj Kundra has been arrested in this case as he seems to be its main conspirator, we have sufficient evidence regarding this.

ALSO READ:  Human-animal conflict: 224 killed, 3000 injured in Valley since 2006

A statement issued by Mumbai Police Commissioner Hemant Nagrale said, “He is being questioned in a case registered in February 2021, which relates to the production of obscene films and publishing them through certain apps. Kundra has been arrested in the case. On 19/7/21 as he appears to be its prime conspirator. We have sufficient evidence in this regard,” the statement said.

The case pertains to an FIR registered against 14 OTT platforms and web portals for pornographic content in November 2020. A retired customs officer had filed a complaint based on which an FIR was registered and summons were issued to the heads of these platforms.

READ:  Who is Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen

You can connect with Ground Report on FacebookTwitter and Whatsapp, and mail us at GReport2018@gmail.com to send us your suggestions and writeups.