The Income Tax Department was launch the new e-filing website for tax-prayers Today
Ground Report | New Delhi: The Income Tax Department is set to launch the new e-filing website for Income Tax Returns (ITRs) Today, June 7, 2021. The new features are likely to make the ITR process faster and smoother.
Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing Online:
The e-filing of ITR will never be the same as Income Tax Department is launching a new portal today, Income Tax department has said that the new portal or website for Income Tax Return is user-friendly,mobile-friendly, ITR utility, and many others, etc. You will be able to start e-filing ITR at the new website.
Earlier in the day, the I-T Department announced that they are at the final stages in the roll-out of the new portal.”We are excited about the new portal as our users”. We are at the final stages in the roll-out of the new portal it will be available shortly. We appreciate your patience as we work towards making it operational soon”, they said in tweeted at 9 am.
ALSO READ: 25,000 more troops being deployed in J&K
Along with this new launch, the Income Tax Department will also provide free-of-cost ITR preparation software for Forms ITR-1, ITR-2. In statements earlier, the Ministry of Finance had said, Free of cost ITR preparation software available with the interactive question to help taxpayers for ITRs 1,4 (online and offline) and ITR 2 (offline) to begin with, Facility for preparation of ITR 3,5,6,7 will be made available shortly.
Income Tax return ITR e-Filing Online Direct Link:
Earlier, those who used to file income tax returns or ITR online, need to visit http://www.incometaxindiafiling.gov.in. Now, Income Tax Department is launching is a new portal on 7 June 2021 today. This new portal or website for income tax returns online or ITR e-filing is www.incometax.gov.in.
New e- filing portal feature and benefits:
What are the new feature?
The new websites will enable a new online tax payments system with multiple new payment options using net banking, UPI, credit card, and RTGS/NEFT from any account of the taxpayer in any bank, for easy payment of taxes.
- Immediate processing of Income Tax Returns (ITRs) to issue quick refunds to taxpayers.
- Single dashboard to display all interactions and uploads or pending up- actions taxpayers.
- Taxpayers can proactively update their profile to provide details of income, interest, dividend, and capital gain will be available after TDA snd SFT statements are uploaded (due date is June 30th,2021).
- New call center for taxpayer assistance for prompt response to taxpayers’ questions.
- Detailed FAQs, User Manuals, Videos, and Chatbot/live agent also provided.
- Functionalities for filing income tax forms, Add tax professional, Submit responses to Notice in faceless scrutiny or Appeals would be available.
“Next tax payments system will be launched on June 18, 2021, after the advance installment day to avoid taxpayers’ inconvenience. The mobile app will also be released to initial launched to the portal the unable taxpayers to get familiar with the various features”. The finance ministry statement said.