The process of NEET PG Counselling 2021 will start from today. The process of admission in the long stalled PG course is starting after the decision of the Supreme Court. MCC has released the detail schedule regarding counselling. We are telling you important information related to this process which is important for every student to know because many changes have been made in the process this time.
NEET PG Counselling 2021: First let’s look at the schedule
|Counselling Event||Date / Deadline|
|Registration Process Begins||12th January 2022|
|Registration Process Ends||17th January 2022 – upto 12 PM|
|Payment for Online Counselling Fee Ends||17th January 2022 – upto 3 PM|
|Choice Filling / Locking Begins||13th January 2022|
|Choice Filling / Locking Ends||17th January 2022|
|Verification of Internal Candidates||18th and 19th January 2022|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||20th and 21st January 2022|
|NEET PG Round 1 Allotment Result||22nd January 2022|
|Reporting to Alloted Institutes||23rd to 28th January 2022|
Now let’s look at the process
First of all, students taking admission in NEET PG course have to register. Students can do this by visiting the official website.
Important changes you need to know
For All India Quota seat, 4 rounds have been scheduled in 4 different phases. Earlier there were only two rounds for this.
1st Round which will be held from 12th to 28th January 2022. The details about dates and timelines for different phases or rounds have been mentioned below:
- Round 1: 12th to 28th January 2022
- Round 2: 3rd to 19th February 2022
- Mop-up Round: 22nd February to 3rd March 2022
- Stray Vacancy Round: To be Announced
- Earlier, if the seat remained vacant after two central rounds, then those seats were given to the state quota, but this time it will not happen. Even if the seat remains vacant, they will be filled in the mop up round.
- The seats which come under NRI, Muslim, Jain minority quota. If they remain vacant, they will be converted to the national seat and filled in the mop up round.
- If the seat remains vacant even after the mop up round and two central rounds, then MCC will also conduct online counseling to fill these seats.
What is reservation policy?
Important changes have also been made in the reservation policy. As per the order of the Supreme Court, the reservation will be implemented in this way.
|Reservation Quota||Percentage of Reserved Seats|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer) as per Central OBC List||27%|
|PwD Horizontal Reservation||5%|