Senior NCP leader Nawab Malik said that the NCB raid on a luxury cruise liner last week was “fake”. In this raid eight people, including actor Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan, were arrested by the drug enforcement agency. He also claimed that BJP wants to malign image of Bollywood stars that’s why they are doing this.
Important points of Nawab Malik’s allegations
- There was no drug seizure at Cruise liner raid.
- All the photos released are the ones clicked at the NCB office.
- BJP has been conspiring to defame Maharashtra, the Maharashtra government and Bollywood for the past one year.
- The drama of October 3 [NCB raid] was fake.
- Some functionaries of the BJP were part of the NCB raid on Cordelia Cruises’ Empress ship.
- Person by the name of “KP Gosavi” was seen bringing in Aryan Khan to the NCB office in Mumbai. He [Gosavi] also clicked a selfie with Aryan Khan.
- My first question to the Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede is, what is your link with KP Gosavi,” said Nawab Malik.
NCB refutes Nawab Malik’s charges
The agency said that the allegation seems to be malicious and stems from probable prejudice, in an oblique reference to NCB action against Nawab Malik’s son-in-law in another drug case.
Who is Sameer Shabbir Khan?
Sameer Shabbir Khan is son in law of Nawab Malik. He was arrested by the NCB in a drug-related case early this year and is now on bail. Apart from the Bollywood bigwigs who have been summoned to the NCB office for questioning, Nawab Malik’s son-in-law was a big-ticket arrest made by the NCB in past one year.
- Is there politics involved in raid on Bollywood stars?
- Is BJP using NCB for political purposes like CBI and ED?
- Or Nawab Malik is making baseless allegations?
- At least 40 killed in first hour of Russian invasion: Ukraine
- Ukraine and Russia: History of conflict
- Russia attacks Ukraine: what happened in the last few hours?
- Ukraine claims downed five Russian planes, helicopter